Android phone wireless charging not working

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
AndyP67

Post by AndyP67 »

Just after some advice. Got myself a c5 aircross beginning of the week. I'm having a problem with the charging station under the information screen. For some reason it won't start to charge my android phone. But has no problem with charging my apple iPhone I use for work. Any suggestions as to what issue might be. Thanks in advance.

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

AndyP67 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:13 am Just after some advice. Got myself a c5 aircross beginning of the week. I'm having a problem with the charging station under the information screen. For some reason it won't start to charge my android phone. But has no problem with charging my apple iPhone I use for work. Any suggestions as to what issue might be. Thanks in advance.
Does your Android phone support wireless charging?
AndyP67

Post by AndyP67 »

Hi Routemaster1

According to phone spec it does allow wireless charging. It supposedly supports a stardard wireless charging standard such as Qi?
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

If you have QI standard support on your phone for wireless charging then it will be supported by the charging mat in your vehicle.

Just make sure any phone case you have on the phone is not interfering with the electro-magnetic induction system - especially cases that are either metallic or have a magnetic plate inside attached to the back of the phone or the phone case, used for holding the phone to some phone mounts. This will stop the wireless charging and can also damage the charging station.

Make sure there are no other metallic objects on or near the wireless charging pad.