C5 Aircross roof bars

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
John King

Post by John King »

I assume that the original Citroen roof bars slot into the holes in the roof rails on C5 Aircross...
My question is are there any alternative bars that do the same but not cost the earth? Any recommendations would be appreciated..

Regards
John

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I can only advise you on genuine Citroen accessories, sorry.
chapi72

Post by chapi72 »

Hi,
I have the official ones, they don't go in the holes, they just have a rubber strip on both sides that grips the bar.
I assumed they would go in the holes (like the slot on my old C4 Grand Picasso) but they just grip.
For the C4, I hade Thule bars, and would have gone that route had the official Citroen ones not been available at a reduce price.
Chapi
----
Current : MY20 C5 Aircross Flair Plus, Black
Cancelled : MY22 C5 Aircross, Hybrid, Eclipse Blue, City Park, Dark Chrome Pack :cry:
Previous: MY16 C4 Grand Picasso Feel
Previous: MY14 C4 Grand Picasso Exclusive +
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Not sure which ones you are referring to but the roof rails show the holes where the official bars go over, but as far as I can see, the bars fit onto the rails but they are secured by the bars fitting into the holes (arrowed) that the locking mechanism uses. They appear clamped on but use the holes for securing them as they wouldn't be safe otherwise.

c5ac bars.png

This is the official set:

c5ac bars 2.png

chapi72

Post by chapi72 »

Hi Juan, That's the manual that comes with them, there is nothing to put in the holes.
I thought there must be something wrong, but the holes just seem to show where to locate them on the car.
The amount of force they "clip" to the car with means they won't come off.
Chapi
----
Cancelled : MY22 C5 Aircross, Hybrid, Eclipse Blue, City Park, Dark Chrome Pack :cry:
chapi72

Post by chapi72 »

Sorry, Pictures aren't great

Clip.png

----
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Ok, so maybe the holes are for another specific accessory - there's quite a few.
djgandkzr

Post by djgandkzr »

I'm consider a pair of roof rails for the spring trips etc and have found https://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbveh ... odid=30809, I've bought previous car rails etc off this site, with great customer service, but just wondering about types of rails or anyone who's had any experience with these?