Just a C3 Aircross 110 Feel

New to the Citroen Aircross Forums? Introduce yourself here
Tuneras

Post by Tuneras »

Yesterday we bought a demo car from Citroën in Stockholm, it has 1800 km (about 1100 miles) on the meter. After my wife had tested the car and loved to drive it, our decision to buy was very easy.
It’s all plain white, no extra colour. 110 hp 5 speeds ( had hoped for 6 ) We will pick it up when an electric preheater has been installed. It has the normal Swedish Feel equipment, that is whith heated seats and the wireless mobile charger. The rear camera had been great to have but is only contained in the Shine package (= Flair). At the moment it has some Kumho spikeless winter tires on ugly 15” Citroën wheels...(the 16” wheels look better) The start & stop did not work at around 0 centigrades (is this normal?).

/ Hans from Vaxholm, next to Stockhom

05BFF749-ED23-45D4-B3D3-54AFEFF38236.jpeg

C3 Aircross 110 5-speed, Feel, natural white
city pack /swedish edition, heated front seats, wireless charging, automatic wipers,
auto safety brake, rear parking sensors
production date 05 april 2018

Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

The start stop feature on the C3 is probably working properly. I have not got my new Citroen yet but can comment on the current one fitted to my Mazda. There are various reasons when it doesn't work. For example when the engine is cold, when the aircon is on maximum and when the heated seats are on. It all depends how much draw there is from the battery. The car knows when it is safe to engage the start stop feature without causing too much strain on the battery.
Hope this helps.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

I agree about the wheels . How about keeping those for winter and get a spare set for the summer. It looks good in white by the way.
Have fun.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.
Tuneras

Post by Tuneras »

These wheels are for the the winter (that we still have up here for a few weeks, snowing today). The original summer wheels are the 16”, will be put on the car at the end of april :)
Yes, the natural white is nice, had been even nicer with the “urban red” interior also though.
Anyway I got at deal that I could not resist on the car.
city pack /swedish edition, heated front seats, wireless charging, automatic wipers,
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Hi Hans, always good to get a pleasing deal.
Did my comments on the start stop make sense?
Tuneras

Post by Tuneras »

Andy,
The S&S I have experience with before, on a previous Mercedes it did not work with temp at -10 celsius, it also failed after 3 ys and 120000 km because of aged battery - so had to buy a new battery :(
On our Fiat 500 it has almost completely stopped working after 5 ys, but only 40000 km. It works occasionally during summer... There is no real saving with the S&S considering the maintenance cost. But on a new car it should be working, have to wait a few days for the delivery :)
/Hans
PS Do you have ”tirefit” like me, or a small spare wheel?
(If you have a spare, I suppose there is a jack too?)
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Hi Hans,
I am waiting delivery of a new C5 Aircross which I should get mid April. This comes with a spare wheel and all the kit to change it. I would expect the C3 to be the same. The only worry I have at the moment is Brexit. If we drop out on the 29th March I may have to find another three thousand pounds for the 10.6 % tariff on imported cars.
That would be really painful but I am so looking forward to owning a Citroen I will pay it. In this day and age where everything looks the same it will be great to have something different.
Tuneras

Post by Tuneras »

Handy Andy wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:04 pm Hi Hans,
I am waiting delivery of a new C5 Aircross which I should get mid April. This comes with a spare wheel and all the kit to change it. I would expect the C3 to be the same. The only worry I have at the moment is Brexit. If we drop out on the 29th March I may have to find another three thousand pounds for the 10.6 % tariff on imported cars.
That would be really painful but I am so looking forward to owning a Citroen I will pay it. In this day and age where everything looks the same it will be great to have something different.
Hope you won’t be affected by the miserable brexit!
All cars C3 sold in Sweden are without a spare wheel.
Must learn som about the C5 Aircross!

/Hans