Red engine warning! Belt destruction common fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
MJJ

Post by MJJ »

Turns out they fixed it quickly, covered as expected by manufacturer due to known fault. However....an interesting point they have kept paperwork on the job of the belt replacement...as they say they chase that up with Citroen direct. Mentioned legal reasons...this just sounds odd. Surely I need paper trail of such big job as vehicle registered owner?

Fastbysuzuki

Post by Fastbysuzuki »

Well from your post on the 18th the Job is going to take weeks and 4 days later you have the car fixed then they will not give you a report on what has been done sounds a bit strange, personally I would be asking for a record of what was actually done for your records.
There is no viable reason why they will not.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

They don't provide this to the customer - as you haven't paid for the work. This is normal and any warranty work is billed back to Citroen directly from the dealer.

You don't need to worry though, as all the work undertaken on a vehicle is digitally recorded on their database so any dealer will be aware of servicing and repair history.

It's the same for any work carried out under warranty - you don't get the invoice for something you have not paid for. I hope that explains why. It's like if you got a free gift from a shop - you don't get an invoice.
Last edited by Juan Sheet on Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fastbysuzuki

Post by Fastbysuzuki »

What do I know 😀 you never stop learning even at my age.
MJJ

Post by MJJ »

I don't want an invoice. I want a record of the works carried out. Which I should be entitled to.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Well take that up with Citroen, I'm only telling you what they will and won't do! If you are lucky you may get them to provide a copy of the invoice, but I doubt it. I've had stacks of warranty work undertaken over many, many years and it's the same thing - no paperwork is ever handed over as it is billed to Citroen Head Office by the dealer - so is a transaction between those 2 parties. You don't come into it, apart from having the work done.
MJJ

Post by MJJ »

I will do thanks. As the registered owner I simply need a log of works carried out. Don't need to see the invoice as such.. but if I sell the car in a few years, yes I need to have a record of this big job surely.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Not really, I've always just kept a note of the date the work was carried out and what it was and provided this to the new purchaser for info.

I just advise them if they want any clarification for the warranty work, to go to any Citroen dealer and they will be able to confirm the work from the vehicle registration or VIN.

I've never had anyone ask me for proof, but as as I have provided all service history invoices (or shown these instead of providing copies with all my info on) I've never had one issue. In fact people have always thanked me for keeping the detail that I do, but warranty work is never as issue as I just recorded it myself and explained the reason why there are no invoices.