USB

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Duxbury2002

Post by Duxbury2002 »

Hi all

I picked up my first c5 Aircross yesterday and was surprised to see it only had one USB port (ignoring the power one in the rear). I want to plug in a USB with music on it and my phone for Carplay, but obviously I can't. So i tried a USB port that i had, i plugged in the music and that worked, but it wont work for my phone to activate carplay. Anyone found a way round this?

Thanks
Phil

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

That is impossible to do.

Unlike Android Auto, CarPlay takes over the USB Management of the port and will not allow CarPlay to operate with a Hub or splitter connected along with another source, end of.

If you are feeling adventurous, you may want to check your Head Unit (which requires removing the touchscreen and trim to get access to the Head Unit) and at the rear you may see a second USB port that is the spare. I know that on Wave 2 versions there is a spare as I have added a new USB connection and port to my C3 Aircross for the exact reasons as you.

I now have a second USB port routed to the inside of the passenger compartment glovebox that I can plug in a USB for my music files, whilst having CarPlay active on the original USB. There is now a second USB Source showing up on the dash.
Duxbury2002

Post by Duxbury2002 »

Thanks for the answer Juan! I might wait for a few days before trying that. My wife would kill me if i did something i couldn't undo!!