Time to move on

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

I’ve had my C3 Aircross for 3 years now, and it’s time to move on. This forum has been very helpful over the 3 years of my ownership, and I’ve learned stuff, and been helped, sometimes by just reading the questions that other members have posted.
I’m looking at C4 1.2 petrol C-Series, and am wondering if someone could direct me to a good forum. Cheers
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic

BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

Hi,

We had a C4 blue 1.5 diesel for the last 2 years, it turned 3yrs at end of Jan, so
I felt it was time to change, and as I am retired, and we don't do the miles we used to.
Changing to another new diesel is just ridiculous money now.. so Petrol, first time in about 20 years!

Its a lovely car to drive and amazingly comfortable too.. so we got another ( the C4x with a boot not a hatch though)

Recently dropped it for another C4, (actually a C4X) but this time 1.2 petrol ( 130) with EAT8 auto box
The internal fittings/ specs dropped a bit, as is usual for Citroen ( and others).
All the extras are well 'extra' ;) , but I can live without them to be honest.

Even tho this is a petrol 1.2 it is still a very smooth / comfortable and an amazingly quiet ride.

The drop in mpg will take some getting used to, but I don't miss the cold mornings clatter and vibration..
The petrol is much smoother from the off.

On the mega trip home ( 180 miles) from collection, it averaged a tad under 60 on the motorways..
Not too far off the oil burner we had, so am impressed with that.
No doubt it will improve as we get more miles on it..so am well happy with the change.

As its a 23 build post March, some of the known engine issues will have been sorted.
The newer touch screen software is very different to the older C4, HD rear camera is much better too.
Overall, am impressed with the 1.2 petrol C4..and don't regret dropping the oil burner at all...

I suggest you take a test drive, I'd be surprised if your were less than impressed with the ride and how quiet it is !
Let us know how you get on.

Cheers
NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

Thanks for the reply. I’ve done the deed and pick it up on Friday. Do you know of a forum?
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

French Car Forum covers all Citroen Peugeot and DS Autos, as engines are used throughout the marque along with the same equipment.
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

Great. Thanks Juan. Will I see you on there?