C5 Aircross phev spare wheel

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
davidm180

Post by davidm180 »

Hi everyone, I wonder if someone can help, I have a 2022 c5 aircross phev on 18 inch rims, so of course instead of the spare I just have the usual sealant and pump, I have a long 3 week european holiday coming up and thought just to be safe as I will have children on board I would buy a space saver tyre kit and give up a little luggage space, I have contacted a couple companies that sell space savers including citroen direct and although they all list c5 aircross space savers they all say not suitable for the phev, does anyone know why they are not suitable as I asked the companies including citroen and they could not tell me ps absolutly the best car I have ever owned cheers dave

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I have checked Citroen's tech site and ALL space saver spare wheels are declared NOT for PHEV vehicles. So no is the official answer.
davidm180

Post by davidm180 »

Hi Juan

thanks for the answer i appreciate it, still wonder what about the space savers is not compatable or is it just there is nowhere to store it, will just have to buy full size rim for the trip cheers dave
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I think this applies to all spare wheels for the PHEV. They have not designed any SAFE storage for it on account of the battery location and fuel tank, so no way to secure it safely and with the weight and shape of these, you wouldn't want one of those flying up and decapitating your kids in the event of a rear ender or accident. I think if they cannot be stored and strapped down securely, you cannot carry one in some countries.