Our new C3 Aircross Shine

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Many cars from many manufacturers were shipped without various features due to the worldwide chip shartage. Terms and conditions allow manufactureres to change specifications without notice. I doubt you can do anything. It cannot be activated if there are no sensors fitted.

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

AliS wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:08 pm Hi, i have just bought aircriss puretech shine (registeted fMar 23) today. Within the spec from Cazoo it states it has reverse sensors but cant seem to activate them Reading this I fear they are mossing. Is it the citreon dealers responsibility to retro fit them?
To be able to activate you need the sensors present. They probably weren't fitted due to the worldwide chip shortage. It may be possible to retrofit but it is likely to be difficult. Manufacturers terms and conditions allow them to add or delete features as they deem fit.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

You can tell if it a reverse warning system as thee will be 4 circular sensors on the rear of the car.If they are nt there it would be a difficult and expensive job to retrofit. During the worldwide microchip shortage many vehicles from different manufacturers were constructed withfeatures missing. The manufacturer's terms and conditions usually state that specifications can be changed without notice, so I don't expect that they will have any obligation to do anything.
AliS

Post by AliS »

Thankyou for your help, i have checked no circula sensors. Would you suggest going via citreon for the fitting? I can get it fitted elsewhere but im worried about invalidating my warranty. Sorry for the questions as this is an outlay i wssnt expecting especially when the sales burb said it has sensors.i wouldn't have bought the car if i had known as parking sensors are a priority for me.
Last edited by AliS on Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

It depends on what the actual specification of the vehicle is as provided for that specific vehicle before you bought it. In other words, you can’t rely on the specification generally for a new vehicle, as that may have had specific options or specifications that were different at the time, the vehicle was built, from the brochure that you may be reading from today or at an early period.

They reserve the right to change the specifications in their literature and brochures and clearly state this in there.

If you were buying a brand-new car from the dealer, you would ensure that you were ordering from the current brochure with the current options, and would make sure that the vehicle would have everything you want on it before purchasing, and having it confirmed by the sales person . Then in that case, if the vehicle provided did not have what you wanted and have confirmed in writing, then you would have a case to return the vehicle or have it modified at no charge to include the option if available.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Note. Apologies for multiple posts saying basically the same thing. Don't know what happened, but stone-cold sober at the time!
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

There are specific Citroen accessories that can be fitted, depending on the vehicle’s original equipment. If you provide your vehicles, VIN, number, I can advise as to what options you have based on what the vehicle currently has.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I think our post replies crossed at the same time 😉