Citroen C5 Aircross 2019 - Intermittent Microphone

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Snak3zZ

Post by Snak3zZ »

Hi all,

Having issues where sometimes people cannot hear us when on Android Auto making a call, USB connected and Bluetooth Audio. I spoke with a local Citroen dealership and they had no suggestions. I tried to remove the top section where the microphone is to reseat cables, but its really hard to remove without feeling like I am going to break it.

Have tried two different phones, its very intermittent, sometimes its working fine.

I am also looking to update touchscreen and map software soon, so not sure if that is related or not?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

S

chapi72

Post by chapi72 »

Hi,
Haven't had any issues in my C5 aircross, but my old C4 Grand Picasso had something very similar.
Eventually, the telemetrics module was replaced under warranty, took 12 weeks to arrive (and this was before Covid)
I could hear everyone and everything worked ok, but mic was intermittent then stopped altogether.
----
Current : MY20 C5 Aircross Flair Plus, Black
Cancelled : MY22 C5 Aircross, Hybrid, Eclipse Blue, City Park, Dark Chrome Pack :cry:
Previous: MY16 C4 Grand Picasso Feel
Previous: MY14 C4 Grand Picasso Exclusive +
Snak3zZ

Post by Snak3zZ »

chapi72 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:07 am Hi,
Haven't had any issues in my C5 aircross, but my old C4 Grand Picasso had something very similar.
Eventually, the telemetrics module was replaced under warranty, took 12 weeks to arrive (and this was before Covid)
I could hear everyone and everything worked ok, but mic was intermittent then stopped altogether.
Thank you for your feedback, I will speak with the dealership and see if they have any way of testing the telemetrics module.

What might also be helpful is if there is a guide on how to remove the upper section of the internal electrics to reseat the cables, I have yet to find any book or documentation online that shows diagrams. Might be a thing of the past, but you used to get books which would help you understand all parts of a car.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

There's nothing you can do on that, except potentially damage the telematics cables which are really very fragile. This issue is likely to be your Head unit software and getting that updated to support the later phones and bluetooth software.