MyCitroen journey syncing

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Ianbhenderson73

Post by Ianbhenderson73 »

I plug my phone in pretty much every time I drive anywhere, but MyCitroen hasn’t downloaded any journeys from the car since Saturday 8th December.

Is there something I can do to force the journeys to be downloaded or is it something that only happens at preset intervals?

Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Yes, mine can be a bit temperamental like that though I'm not worried about it as I don't use the 'My journeys'. Possibly it may be something to do with having the app open (or at least running in the background) when you connect to your car. I don't think it works via the USB anyway, as mine updates over Bluetooth (when it decides to).
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
Ianbhenderson73

Post by Ianbhenderson73 »

Jay R wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:16 am Yes, mine can be a bit temperamental like that though I'm not worried about it as I don't use the 'My journeys'. Possibly it may be something to do with having the app open (or at least running in the background) when you connect to your car. I don't think it works via the USB anyway, as mine updates over Bluetooth (when it decides to).
To be honest, I'm only using mine because I can. I'd seen somewhere that the best way to sort it would be to delete and then reinstall the MyCitroen app. Having done this, I can see that the journeys are now coming through, albeit only the most recent ones. I'd also read somewhere that a pending software update can cause issues, and I'm still trying to find a memory stick that my car will read for the Screen update.
grahams

Post by grahams »

I had the same sync problem with My Citroen during the early part of December. Deleted the app from my iPhone SE, then reinstalled and re connected via Bluetooth. All previous data lost but did start syncing again. Seems slightly flaky as not all journeys are recorded, even those taken on the same day, i.e. 4 journeys one day, only two recorded.
Ensbury

Post by Ensbury »

I don’t get journey syncing if I plug into the usb socket and use
Carplay, however the car still stores all non synced journeys and loads them into the app if I don’t plug the phone in and use Carplay the next time I
drive the car. I read somewhere in the manual (Connect Nav page 17) that using carplay turns off Bluetooth which may be the reason the app doesn’t sync?
sotnas

Post by sotnas »

Just turn off bluetooth from the phone and turn it on again. Or turn off the syncing with the car and turn it on again. Annoying but it works.
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

It sync's via Bluetooth and I found you have to have the app running in the background on your phone for it to update. In other words, you have to have opened the app then minimised it. Press whichever button on your phone all the apps running in the background and if it's not in that list, it won't sync.
sotnas

Post by sotnas »

Jay R wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:06 pm It sync's via Bluetooth and I found you have to have the app running in the background on your phone for it to update. In other words, you have to have opened the app then minimised it. Press whichever button on your phone all the apps running in the background and if it's not in that list, it won't sync.
My phone asks permission to open MyCitroen app every time the car connects to the phone via BT.
Tuneras

Post by Tuneras »

I have had the car since two weeks now, it has never ever synced with the MyCitroën app :evil:
I have updated my iphone 8, I have tried to update the display with a 16 Gb usb following the exact instructions. Over and over again, all in vain. Time to give my Citroën dealer some hard time.... :twisted:
(- apart from this shit, a perfect car for us 😊)
C3 Aircross 110 5-speed, Feel, natural white
city pack /swedish edition, heated front seats, wireless charging, automatic wipers,
auto safety brake, rear parking sensors
production date 05 april 2018
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Sorry, can't help with an iphone issue, never had one.

The screen update is not the easiest to complete. Here is what I remember from when I had issues.
You download the update file from Citroen.
Unzip it into a folder on your computer.
Open that folder and drag the files onto a USB 3.0 thumb drive. (Must be USB 3.0, must be formatted to fat32.)
Create a folder in the thumb drive called LICENSE
Drag and drop the file with the name ending '.key' into the LICENSE folder.

So, when you look at the thumb drive you have the root directory with a bunch of file and a folder called LICENCE and in that folder is one file that ends in .key

Start the car up, plug in the drive. Follow the instuctions on the screen.

The two main problems people have I think is in not using a USB 3.0 drive (If you don't know what that means, you probably don't have one) and in not getting the file structure correct.