Side Steps

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Hi.
Anyone know why C5 Aircross side steps appear to be around a hundred pounds more than ones for other vehicles. They are anywhere around £150 for most other makes but for the Aircross they are in the region of £250.

Also, anyone have a preference for purchasing a second key. Our 2020 C5 only came with the one and for peace of mind we'd like to have another.

Finally, there appears to be a little quirk with the Stop/Start function. With the automatic selector in Neutral the engine stops as expected, but after a few seconds it comes back on again. Is this what it's supposed to do?

srperry

Post by srperry »

I'm afraid I can't imagine why anyone would wish to add 'side steps' to a very well designed vehicle. The doors are designed so that the sills are always clean, so you don't get dirty getting in and out. Adding side steps circumvents that design, and allows you to get dirty evry time you get in and out of your car. JMHO.

As for the behaviour of the Stop/Start, when the engine stops depends on what heating, wipers, blower, combination you are using and the charge state of the battery. The engine will start if the battery level is getting too low. I hope that helps.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience