Aircross Likes/Dislikes

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

AdrianC wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:41 pm I thought Id miss the armrest more as I used it 100% with the Cactus but I havent missed it. Plus the Aircross armrest doesnt come with storage inside, just a lump.
Citroen do an official accessory for the car that is just an armrest. It has storage.

Screenshot_20190109-194744.jpg

Last edited by Jay R on Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.

Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Not a dislike, more an observation. All of my current cars have LED headlights, the C5 Aircross only has halogen, there is not even an option to upgrade, which is strange in 2019. It hasn't stopped me ordering one though. Just a brilliant car.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Probably done to keep the price down. I'm not sure it's a bad thing. LED headlights are all well and good but are expensive when they stop working. I'd rather pay a fiver for a new bulb than £30.
Also, manufacturers tend to use 'cool white' LED's for headlights because they have a higher lumen output and so they can quote a better number on their spec. However, cool white light has a worse CRI index which means it bleaches out colour a lot more and makes everything look a lot more bland. I prefer to have warmer white on my lights, but I do get that this is a personnel preference.
Peter 13

Post by Peter 13 »

Only had the car since 1st March 2019. Really happy with the car with just a couple of exceptions. (C3 110 Auto Flair)

Useless insert cup holders in the front of the car.
No centre arm rest/cubby box

Is anybody aware of any third party fixes available or is it too early??
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Peter 13 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:31 pm Only had the car since 1st March 2019. Really happy with the car with just a couple of exceptions. (C3 110 Auto Flair)

Useless insert cup holders in the front of the car.
No centre arm rest/cubby box

Is anybody aware of any third party fixes available or is it too early??
Eh! You are posting that it doesn't have an arm rest with storage and asking where you can get one, 3 lines below a post with a big picture of one and where you can get it.

Just saying !
FITZY

Post by FITZY »

I`m about to order a C5 Aircross Flair Plus Diesel auto and it appears to be a big improvement on my C4 Picasso which I have enjoyed. The first thing I noticed on the C5 was the dashboard seems to be for a left hand drive because the Stop/Start button is in front of the passenger when the ideal position would be on the right of the gear lever near the driver. I love the innovation of the dashcam and hands free boot lid.. Disappointed on the limited colour range and being told I can`t have a black roof with the red body , 3 weeks after placing the order. Now deciiding what colur to go for again.
sotnas

Post by sotnas »

I've been pretty satisfied with the car. It's reasonably frugal, comfortable and versatile about it's space. The diesel engine is not a racing one but it's very decent.

Of course it's a french car reasonably priced so the interior is not top notch quality. But I don't have rattles and squeaks for the time being.

The one thing I don't like that much is the headlight beam. It doesn't seem to be good enough.
vegetaleb

Post by vegetaleb »

I like:
- Great engine of 110hp surprisingly, it loves mountain roads.
- Superb fresh design
- Android Auto 7" screen is a joy compared to the old type A black and red screen I had in DS3.
- Very comfy
- Interior can be upgraded to make it better looking (armrest and front dashboard)
- European modern interior and gadgets.

Dislike:
- No sliding back seats for the Feel version
- Plasticky front dashboard, I have to invest 300$ more to replace it with the better looking one
- Bugs in software of the car: lights turn off after closing the car sometimes randomly like after 2 or 50 seconds. Engine fans spinning after shutting down engine...
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

As Noty said earlier in this thread, the EAT6 box won't change to 6th gear until around 57mph - when in manual mode it's a case of 'do as I say not as I do', because as soon as you get to 45mph in 5th, the 'change up' indicator comes on! As I doubt many people will use the Sport button, maybe Citroen should have an option to reprogram this to be an Economy button which changes up sooner. ;)
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof