C3 Aircross replace original antenna with shark fin antenna?

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Squawk

Post by Squawk »

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a used C3 Aircross from 2017. I love everything about the car besides the antenna. Not technically, the radio works great, but aesthetically as it personally destroys the look of the car. So I've been thinking of replacing it with a shark fin antenna. On AliExpress there's a bunch of products available which should fit over the original antenna base but with some reviewers saying it killed the radio reception.

Does anyone here have any experience with replacing the antenna or anyone that has a better idea of making it "look" better? I'm open to any suggestions. :D

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Forget it!

These aerials are designed specifically for the type of telematics system or radio equipment fitted in the vehicle and can vary depending on equipment / options fitted. There are 4 specific aerials that can be fitted and without the correct one you may find your connection to PSA servers for licence files or real time data services will not work amongst other things.

Personally I thing the aerial is well suited to the vehicle and those aftermarket shark fin gimmicks are just that - they will very likely downgrade your vehicle's performance as mentioned.

Of course if you want to go to all the trouble of dismantling the rear headlining and internal lighting unit to get to it and damage the seal to experiment, then do let us know how you get on. ;)