Message showing

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Jackiem

Post by Jackiem »

Hi, recently I've started getting the following message can anyone advise why or how I can stop it...

The connected device is sharing an Internet connection. Additional costs may be incurred depending on your mobile phone service plan.

Many thanks

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Yes that means you have shared your Smart phone's internet connection with your vehicle. This is warning you that vehicle services or passengers connected to the vehicle's wifi point (Hotspot) are using your phone's data plan.

If this is not what you intended, then I suggest you check the WiFi connections from your Touchscreen to see what WiFi connections you have and disable or remove any that point to your phone.
Jackiem

Post by Jackiem »

Thank you. I don't want to appear thick, but how do I find this.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

So on your touchscreen, along the top right, you should see the time displayed. To the left of this is a cog icon and to the left of that, is the notifications icon, that looks like a couple of pieces of paper. Press this icon.

Then on the left side you will see a WiFi icon and under that the Connection Service.

If you press the WiFi icon it should show you any connections, which you should then be able to manage.
Jackiem

Post by Jackiem »

Thank you so very much, I will try that tomorrow 😊
Jackiem

Post by Jackiem »

Hi. Tried this and see an WiFi connection that I've never had but it won't let me remove it...how do I get rid of it please
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Can you upload a picture of the screen, so I can see where you are? (Use the Full Editor and Picture Uploads button before the SUBMIT button, then attachments and then browse to the picture on your phone or PC, then use the 'PLACE' to put the picture within your post (make sure you have put a few carriage returns first so you can place the cursor on a spare line and place the image.

Most of the info is in the Owner's manual under the section for the telematics unit that you have (usually Connected NAV) if you have satellite Navigation, under W-Fi settings.