I need a newer car!

New to the Citroen Aircross Forums? Introduce yourself here
NeedANewerCar

Post by NeedANewerCar »

I would like to replace my 16 year old C1 for a newer C3. Is it a wise choice? I need something equally economically to run with a bigger boot than the C1 I have currently.

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

NeedANewerCar wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:39 am I would like to replace my 16 year old C1 for a newer C3. Is it a wise choice? I need something equally economically to run with a bigger boot than the C1 I have currently.
Do you mean a C3 or a C3 Aircross.
Beanee3

Post by Beanee3 »

The logical move for you would be to a C3 MK3 2017 onwards. Bigger car
But if You want real comfort go for a C3 Aircross.
TorbayC3A

Post by TorbayC3A »

We upgraded from C1 and chose the C3 Aircross over the C3. Boot size was one of the reasons, boot on the C3 we looked at didn't seem that much bigger to make it worthwhile. Also the rear seats in the Aircross slide forward making boot even bigger (only if we don't have anyone in the back for us as my driving position is quite far back.) C3 rear seats may well do the same, we didn't check as once we'd test drove the Aircross, having it for a couple of hours we were hooked. There's a lot of good info on this forum about some of the, shall we call them, technical quirks but I'd still have bought it knowing what I know now. A good long test drive is essential I'd say, if you're getting from a dealer they should be ok with that, take it home have good look over it. Try the configuration of boot, seats etc. We don't have kids but I know someone who bought a car and they couldn't fit the pram in the back without rear seats folded down. One thing we didn't do, which in hindsight we should have is to check the different specs for features you'd like, budget permitting of course. I sometimes read on here features people have and think, that would be nice to have, still happy though.
2018 C3 Aircross Flair, Petrol, EAT6.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

We have a 19 reg C3. The C3 boot is considerably bigger than the C1, although it is probably smaller than an Aircross. We rarely have any issue with capacity, although my wife's mother's walker is a bit on the snug side. The C3 seats do not slide and the backrest isn't adjustable. All you can do is lower the seats. Petrol engine economy is pretty good, our 110bhp 1.2 usually exceeds 50mpg.