Traction battery fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Forgot to mention the batteries are on back order and that is why there are delays, - there is simply nothing that can be done about it. They can't make them any quicker and may have to solve the issue that caused the problem in the first place - once they know what it is. Not to defend Citroen in any way - but as long as you have your hire car, they are meeting their obligations to fix it. I know that does little, but that's the long and short of it.

It's early days in the industry and there are going to be problems. Stick to a diesel or petrol for as long as you can, they are cleaner than ever these days.

Ron_S

Post by Ron_S »

Bought my c5 during covid so never test drove it but really pleased with it up until it went in for the 2 battery related recalls. 2.5 weeks later the car failed to fully charge and the engine warning light now comes on. Its been 5 weeks of back and forth with the dealer and citreon who have finally decided to order a replacement battery for it so god knows how long this will take. When connected to charge the car reports immediately it is fully charged. If I use the esave function then the car will charge the battery up to just under half charge before it thinks its full. At one point before the battery had fully discharged and then was still around 9 miles of range I was getting the ambient condition message mentioned previously.
Tripods

Post by Tripods »

Just an update on the traction battery issue the battery was replaced 2 weeks ago I now have my vehicle back after it being off the road 14 weeks I have spoken numerous times to Citroen uk ref compensation for all the issues I have had the main one now being when I ordered my my new vehicle a c3 aircross back in June, fast forward to October the trade in value of my C5 is now £3500 less so I now have to find that difference so far Citroen uk refuse to compensate me
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Don't expect any compensation - they are not obligated to provide any, only fix the vehicle, which they have done. I know it has inconvenienced you and I'm not defending them, but that's the way it is. Did they provide you with a loan vehicle whilst the battery was on back order?
C5EVcross

Post by C5EVcross »

My issue covers this area and more; after having issues with the last touchscreen firmware and GPS updates which left my touchscreen in a "blue screen of death" - which as it turned out never went off and drained my battery completely flat, I had every conceivable warning message on my dash..... Citroen Assistance AKA the RAC came out promptly, got me started and cleared down all my error codes. HOWEVER, I saw a message briefly along the lines of "eco energy mode enabled" (?) and now my battery will only charge to 18 mile range (from a previous 28).

Today on taking it in to the garage to have it's first 12k service, I relayed the issue above and was also told there are not 1 but 3 recalls; just had a call to say that one recall can't be done because the traction battery needs to be at 30% and is at 0% (the car had no EV charge in at all when I got there).

Was it just a coincidence or are the 2 things related do we think?

Also can I take it that it is most likely a known fault and should not take any rubbish about it being something I caused?