Led h7 bulbs

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Irelach1984

Post by Irelach1984 »

Has anyone changed the h7 front headlight bulbs to led ones I did I. A previous car and it came up with blown lights all the time is this the same on the c3 aircross

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

They won't be legal in any case as they're not 'e' type approved. The beam pattern is not designed for the optics.

Anyone considering this should be aware of the consequences.

UK MOT Section 4.1.4 now states the following:

“Existing halogen headlamp units should not be converted to be used with high intensity discharge (HID) or light emitting diode (LED) bulbs. If such a conversion has been done, you must fail the headlamp.”
Beanee3

Post by Beanee3 »

Double post erased
Last edited by Beanee3 on Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beanee3

Post by Beanee3 »

The current draw is probably too low for the system. It therefore thinks the bulbs have blown.
As Juan has said if your car wasn't fitted with KED headlights when built it is illegal to change to them
Alex Mac

Post by Alex Mac »

Irelach1984 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:07 pm Has anyone changed the h7 front headlight bulbs to led ones I did I. A previous car and it came up with blown lights all the time is this the same on the c3 aircross
Hello, I did a conversion on mine for one year and its perfect. where i live, we find all sorts of animals crossing the road at night. It surely helps a lot. I did both lowand high beams.