No update showing on app, but does on PC app

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
C5_Ax_11

Post by C5_Ax_11 »

I’ve done a few updates now on Nav and touchscreen. The Citroen app told me when there was an update.

I’ve checked and none shouting for C5 AC at moment. However I happened to be on PC and checked on the Citroen PC app and it shows there is an update, says 44.07.05.22_NAC-r0.

So I checked my touchscreen as of now and shows 44.06.44.22._NAC-rO, so if it goes as would expect looks like there is a newer update.

So few questions, why is it. It showing in the app, and has anyone else got this, and also updated comment on any fixes, additions, updates on it.

Thanks

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Yes there is a later update (44.07.05.22_NAC-r0).

Sometimes the update won't show if the server detects it has already been downloaded (because the vehicle VIN is used). I you use the desktop app to download either map or firmware, compete the downloads , then check again tomorrow it won't show the update as it knows you have downloaded it already.

The system in the car uses the independent telematic unit for connection to Citroen servers (for the vehicle-specific licence file which authorises the installation of the update) and the head unit also connects to your Citroen app on your phone via bluetooth. The vehicle is saying "I have on older map / firmware version" as it's checking what is actually installed. The app then tells you there is an update after checks to see if there is a newer version - that's why it gives you the notification.

It's a bit confusing and sometimes if the download has become corrupted and you need to download it again, you might be stuck. I generally manually install mine without the app, but this can be problematic for some if the in-vehicle connection to Citroen is poor as it won't be able to check / install the licence to authorise the installation.

Anyway if you need the download link to the later firmware, let me know.
C5_Ax_11

Post by C5_Ax_11 »

Thanks for confirmation.

So I’m ok to download the update on the PC app and install, and just ignore that the phone app doesn’t know about a newer update that is on the touchscreen. There is no Nav update showing, just a touchscreen update.

Any idea what’s in the update as never tell me you.

Thanks
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

The latest map version is 14.0.0-r0. These are released at certain times of the year when available, but firmware is released as needed.

They never disclose the contents of the updates (even worse than Apple!), but they can bring updates to bluetooth compatibility for later smartphones, provide bug fixes as reported by owners and dealerships etc.
C5_Ax_11

Post by C5_Ax_11 »

Juan Sheet wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:43 pm The latest map version is 14.0.0-r0. These are released at certain times of the year when available, but firmware is released as needed.

They never disclose the contents of the updates (even worse than Apple!), but they can bring updates to bluetooth compatibility for later smartphones, provide bug fixes as reported by owners and dealerships etc.
Great thanks, I’ll get it ready in a stick and when on a decent run do it as takes a while.

Never ever understood why that can’t list some details of it though. Just put “Bluetooth fixes” of that’s what is!?! Someone must know as in the engineers doing it, what’s the big secret..?

Thanks
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Very often it's to fix bugs that they either only just found about or that were introduced as a result of the last update!

They wouldn't really make sense to non-techies, but agree it would be useful to know if they provided some improvements. I did used to get the firmware update fixes for older systems, but they knocked that on the head.