Traction battery fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Tripods

Post by Tripods »

My vehicle went into the dealer for a recall for a bracket to be drilled on the hv battery support, also some software updates one regarding the hv battery overheating, when I got vehicle back the tailgate wouldn’t power open I sorted this when I found the update restores everything back to factory default
The next day the engine warning light came on the dealer had a look said ok to drive I was going on holiday, today I went back for further investigation they have now come back and said the high voltage battery requires replacement, it is on back order with no date for delivery
Has anybody else had this issue

sproaty

Post by sproaty »

Hi Tripods,
Got mine going in on Wednesday, for two recalls, both you have mentioned.
Mine would never go into Electric only mode, only once when 12 v battery charged up, otherwise never.
I will let you know how I get on as soon as I know, what's going on.
I love the car, but these issues have tainted the purchase, I have already replaced rear discs and pads due to excess corrosion.
Cost of £400.00 to myself, as they are not covered, bearing in mind my car had only 16000 miles at the time of replacement of discs.
I have a feeling that this is going to be bad, as I have also a whooshing sound from back of Engine, like a vacuum pressure leak.
Was thinking of going Toyota Yaris cross before buying this car, maybe I should have gone with my original choice.
It's a shame, comfortable car, quick when required, eats motorway miles easy, but let down by Electrical issues.
baconroll

Post by baconroll »

My C5 hybrid went into the dealership a week ago for the two recalls mentioned. Before software updates I was getting 27 mile charge for two hours. Now it is worse. Only charging for 90mins and 20 mile charge. Have contacted dealership again and they are looking into it. Will keep you updated as this is not acceptable.
C5 Aircross Flair, Cumulus Grey, PHEV
sproaty

Post by sproaty »

Hi baconroll,
Written to Citroen UK this morning , not hopeful of any answers.
Yes mine does the same, but never in Electric only, cannot get that mode at all, even with full charge 80%, or above.
Hybrids run on both Electric, and ice, I know that.
But some places really are saying in the Cities, full Electric only.
My issue was never really sorted out, I thought it had been but not.
After the recalls are done, and if issues are still there, then it's going, will get something else.
I cannot see Citroen taking it back now, two years old, no chance.
So I will see .
Best of luck with your issues.
sproaty

Post by sproaty »

Traction Battery? Maybe...

IMG_20230627_113038_439.jpg

IMG_20230627_111535_723.jpg

JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

baconroll wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:12 am My C5 hybrid went into the dealership a week ago for the two recalls mentioned. Before software updates I was getting 27 mile charge for two hours. Now it is worse. Only charging for 90mins and 20 mile charge. Have contacted dealership again and they are looking into it. Will keep you updated as this is not acceptable.
After my updates were done
this was the charge report I get.

Screenshot_20230606-021724.png

C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol EAT8, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Roof. Now traded for DS7 E Tense.
Rainman

Post by Rainman »

Hi Tripods,
I have exactly the same problem with my C5 Hybrid, both updates done and shortly after an engine management fault which has been diagnosed as a traction battery failure.
Been waiting for two months for the part but despite pushing regularly still not available and no idea when it will be.
Anyone else have this issue, any advice on how to best approach Citroen and get some movement?
Tripods

Post by Tripods »

Hi I still have no date on when my battery will be available getting on for 6 weeks now contacted Citroen uk there reply is basically you have a hire car it’s under warranty so stop complaining, asked for compensation or goodwill said no, I’ve had numerous issues regarding charging and range vehicle has been recovered twice within 6 weeks, I love the car but it is so unreliable that I don’t want it back, I do a lot of walking so find myself in remote locations with little or no phone signal so can’t take the risk of it letting me down, I’ve been a very loyal customer to Citroen over the years Iam onto my 5th Citroen my son his 6th, I’ve ordered a new c3 aircross delivery in October but because Citroen are unwilling to compensate me Iam considering canceling my order so sick of it now
Tripods

Post by Tripods »

[media] Hi I still have no date on when my battery will be available getting on for 6 weeks now contacted Citroen uk there reply is basically you have a hire car it’s under warranty so stop complaining, asked for compensation or goodwill said no, I’ve had numerous issues regarding charging and range vehicle has been recovered twice within 6 weeks, I love the car but it is so unreliable that I don’t want it back, I do a lot of walking so find myself in remote locations with little or no phone signal so can’t take the risk of it letting me down, I’ve been a very loyal customer to Citroen over the years Iam onto my 5th Citroen my son his 6th, I’ve ordered a new c3 aircross delivery in October but because Citroen are unwilling to compensate me Iam considering canceling my order so sick of it now[/media]
Rainman wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:04 pm Hi Tripods,
I have exactly the same problem with my C5 Hybrid, both updates done and shortly after an engine management fault which has been diagnosed as a traction battery failure.
Been waiting for two months for the part but despite pushing regularly still not available and no idea when it will be.
Anyone else have this issue, any advice on how to best approach Citroen and get some movement?
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I feel sorry for you and the situation you are in. Honestly, the technology is totally unreliable and fraught with issues. Personally speaking, I will never by a Hybrid or EV until there are no alternatives. By that time, there may be a possibility that they are fit for purpose.

Hopefully you will enjoy your C3 Aircross. We love ours. It isn't as fancy, but does have most of the same tech. Suspension is a little harder as they don't have the Hydraulic Progressive Cushions used on the C5 Aircross, but hey, we live high up in the mountains with twisty single lane roads and it it perfect for us.