Hello from a new guy.

New to the Citroen Aircross Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

I am jumping ship from a Kia Niro Hybrid to a C5 Aircross 1.5 BlueHDi Flair EAT8. I am being treated with chemotherapy for metastatic prostate cancer. The cancer had spread to my bones, which gives me a lot of pain. As a result I have had to resort to using a wheelchair at times.
My wheelchair only fits in the Niro if we drops the rear seats, which mean no grandchildren trips out. We hunted high and low for a car with a large boot. We found the C5 Aircross was the solution. Fortunately we were given a good trade value for our Niro, and will pick up our 70 reg Pearl White Aircross at the end of the month after my next round of chemotherapy.
I have had 2 Peugeot 3008's, one with the 1.5 BlueHDi engine and EAT8 gearbox. I absolutely love the EAT8 gearbox, so smooth and suitable for economic driving. I hope that I will be able to contribute to the forum, and glean help from you the members if needed?
C5 Aircross Flair 1.5 130 Blue HDi EAT8 Pearl White.

srperry

Post by srperry »

Welcome, Deeps!

very sorry to hear about your condition. I hope that your treatment makes things more bearable. I recently had a very close call, and know what you have been going through.

Back to cars! The C5 Aircross has the largest cargo area in its class, and I'm glad that enables you to continue daily life as you would wish. I agree that the EAT8 gearbox is first class - I'm pretty sure it's the same as the one in my son's BMW M series 2...
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Thank you srperry, your welcome is much appreciated. 👍
C5 Aircross Flair 1.5 130 Blue HDi EAT8 Pearl White.