Citreon c3 aircross 2018 Freehand system problem

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
VaidasM

Post by VaidasM »

Hello, company owns 5 same type citroen's c3 aircross 2018's.
Problem is whenever we are are trying to talk to each other using freehand system (bluetooth), it does a lot of reverb / background noices, but whenever citroen driver tries to talk to another vehicle's driver (not citroen) everything works fine, where should we look for problem in these citroens? Car's bluetooth? Phone? But its only between citroens, so the problem seems quite impossible to detect
P.s whenever one of drivers use phone without cars system the other driver does not get reverb and vice versa.
Thanks for any possible solutions.

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Make sure you have the latest system firmware installed. These updates can often fix things like this.
VaidasM

Post by VaidasM »

Where should i look for official updates for these vehicles? And how does the installation work, just plug usb and leave for few hours or in some other way?
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

It all depends on the system you have installed. Send me a Private Message with the VIN of one of the vehicles and I can confirm what system you have and whether there is an update or not.
VaidasM

Post by VaidasM »

Haven't participated in enough conversation in here, so messaging is not available, but tomorrow i should get VIN codes, and possibly send them in pm or at the very least post it in here.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Ok, so I have your PM.

You have the Analogue Connected Colour Radio (RCC System). So what you need to do is determine the current firmware installed on the unit. You will need to go into the system settings and look in there for the system version / software.

The latest firmware for this system was released in June 2019 and is version: 1_076_16.1B116.4

So if you have a version lower than this, you need to update the unit.

Have a look at this site, and enter the VIN where requested. You will see there is an update available and it will provide instructions and the download file links to update the system, for which you will need a suitable USB.

https://www.citroen.co.uk/buy/map-update.html
VaidasM

Post by VaidasM »

As of right now -
Updated the software thru the citroen update tool of a single car.
Result : Still the problem persist between citroen's. Other c3's may be updated in later date, but as i tried to do it from same usb stick it declined it, VIN code may be different.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Yes, the updates are specific to the vehicle - just use the same link with the VIN for each vehicle.

There's no guarantee that this will fix the issue, but at least you have the latest updates.

I have the connected NAV and whether I use the Citroen Bluetooth to my iPhone directly, or Apple CarPlay, I find it's fine.
VaidasM

Post by VaidasM »

Alright, within day or a few i might update all the vehicles, still looking for all possible problems and solutions that wouldn't include buying anything specific to solve it, since bluetooth freehand ear piece is not an option..
VaidasM

Post by VaidasM »

It has been a while, i've updated all vehicles to newest version available, and the problem persists, if anyone has any clue how to overcome it just share your thoughts, thanks in advance.