Map updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

I'm trying to download the latest map updates to my iMac but am getting the message that it is not possible to download updates to a USB drive! I am getting this message wherever I try and download to, desktop, documents, Downloads etc. On opening the app I'm getting a message saying that the last update to usb was interrupted do you want to continue? Not sure if this has a bearing on the issue? Any ideas please?
C3 Aircross Flair 130BHP manual - Breathing Blue

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Maybe the last update attempt has left temporary file son your system that's trying to finish off from last time but can't. Either try deleting any temporary files or use the following link to download the file directly. Put your vehicle VIN in and it should determine if the update is available and provide PC and Mac links:

https://www.citroen.co.uk/buy/map-update.html
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

Thanks for the info, have just tried the citroen link but it's just opening the same app I already have and am getting the same message! Your comment on the old temp file looks like the culprit but not being too computer savvy, will have to find a way of locating the file.
Many thanks
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I can't speak for Macs, but in Windows I'd be emptying the temporary files folder for the current user and also locating the data folder used by the App and locating its temporary file locations and clearing that out too to get rid of it - or try uninstalling the app, restarting and reinstalling the app again, which might do it.
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

I seem to be having a problem replying on this forum now! This is my this attempt!
I tried reinstalling the app but still same result, I then reverted to an old duplicate hard drive and managed to download the file, but am now getting writing errors when transferring to my flash drive? I've tried 2 different USB flash drives with same writing errors, both drives have previously been used for the map updates, I even did first aid on both of them and reformatted. I thought Citroen had overcome these update issues, the last few updates were fine. Think I will give up with this and stick to Waze on my iPhone and car play!
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

Just an update, after numerous attempts I have now managed to transfer to a USB Flash drive, just hope the upload goes smoothly!
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

As an aside about getting postings to upload to this site I also had issues with this. If when you log in tick the box "remember me" , it seems to solve the problem.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Map version 25 has been out for Wave 2 systems for a few weeks now and I only came to install it yesterday - standalone installation failed after 40 minutes, so redownloaded using the app and that worked after another 40 minutes or so and a fortune in diesel keeping the engine running!
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

When I did my last C3 Aircross update for the system software I ran the car on the drive.
For the maps i waited till I was going to travel at least 50 mins and set the map update in motion as I set off.
Ensure that stop start is deactivated, do not switch off engine till completed.
Set radio to required station as you can't change once update starts.
Set Aircon or heating as required for same reason.
This way you don't waste fuel on your drive as you are going somewhere.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

When I did my last C3 Aircross update for the system software I ran the car on the drive.
For the maps i waited till I was going to travel at least 50 mins and set the map update in motion as I set off.
Ensure that stop start is deactivated, do not switch off engine till completed.
Set radio to required station as you can't change once update starts.
Set Aircon or heating as required for same reason.
This way you don't waste fuel on your drive as you are going somewhere.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars