Loan car while my 2023 C3 Aircross Shine Plus is being repaired

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

I took my C3 Aircross 2023 March in for warranty work this morning. The DRL on passenger side stopped working.
They lent me a car to use.
DS4 saloon 2023 EAT8. Well I have to say it must be one of the most complicated cars I have every driven. Nothing is self explanatory or intuitive. It's 8 speed auto. It has an electric handbrake which I came across before on a C4 Picasso. It has the self correcting lane departure, most disconcerting to say the least. If you cross a hite line it dreers yiu back.
Inside, in comparison to an Aircross it is cramped and the rearview mirror obstructs forward view.
The only bit I liked was the driver's seat which has electric adjustments and memory. When you switch off the ignition it moves full back and down so you can get out. Switch on and moved to the memory position.
As you approach the car it detects the key and all the four door handles spring out from their stowed position. There are no touch pads on the front handles.
They rang me this afternoon to say that my car is fixed. So tomorrow I will drive the 14 miles to collect my C3 Aircross. Yippee.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

They have this system now on later vehicles - I had it on a new C4 - proximity detection for locking / unlocking - which I do not like at all. If you think about it at least with the system on our Aircross, you have to touch the handle to unlock it, whereas with this 'new' system, it will unlock the car regardless - which could allow muggers / thieves to open the door and grab your valuables before you even get to the car.

I'd much rather the doors unlock when I'm at the car and want them to unlock and not before.

The 'welcome' function has been around for a while - I had it on my C5 where the seats moved back and forward to allow entry exit - and the mirror settings and heating customisation would return to programmed settings too. The only issue with this is that it drains the battery as it operates when the engine is switched off. So frequent use is a battery killer with every thing else going on!
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

I got mine back this morning. Fixed. The manager of workshop said it was a problem upstream of the light. No more info.
He asked how I like the DS4, I said I not be changing my Aircross for one. He seemed to agree. It was a delight to get back in my front seat and have space to breath. If it hadn't had a sunshine roof I'd have been rubbing my head on it.
Win some loose some.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars