C3 Aircross usb port loose and thus CarPlay cuts out

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Ammi

Post by Ammi »

I have a c3 aircross (19 reg) and the usb port feeding the radio is loose, so if I gently knock the usb cable or go over a speed bump, my phone disconnects and thus lose CarPlay

Has anyone had this? I took my car into Citroen garage and they said it worked fine for them. I would like to replace the port but suspect that is not a quick job. Has anyone got any suggestions on where I can the part I need or what to do?

Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

You say the port is loose. Do you mean the actual unit is loose in the dash or that the cable is loose in the socket.
Try a new good quality cable I found that some usb cables are better than others.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Ammi

Post by Ammi »

The port itself is loose… so any usb cable ( and I use genuine apple one) moves around when plugged in and it moves slightly in the hole in the dash
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Ok it was just a thought.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Ammi

Post by Ammi »

Thank you for helping !!! My gut instinct is the usb port needs replacing but haven’t got a clue where to start looking for one ( other than find a breakers yard)
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

The USB port is a cable with the connector to the Head unit on one end and the socket at the other. They are available direct from Citroen.

The screen is easy to take off, which will provide access to the bolts securing the Head Unit. Once this is removed, you should be able to 'navigate' your way down following the USB wire to the port, release the securing clips from behind, and the cable and port should come out through the hole. Be wary they cable may be tied to another cable, so look for cable ties or tape.

There's a guide on removal of the screen and trim here (but you may need to register to see it):

https://frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/view ... rt#p706507
Ammi

Post by Ammi »

Thank you juan!!!!
Ammi

Post by Ammi »

Sorry to be a pain… does anyone know where I can get said connector cable ordered from. I called up3 different Citroen places and they were all confused and even talked of ordered whole new internal trim
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I'm not surprised, they really don't know much about the telematics and systems these days - it's all throw away and replace.

Send me a Private Message with your VIN and I'll be able to help you with the part number.
Ammi

Post by Ammi »

Trying to work out why my private message is sat in outbox… maybe I am too new