Fuse location.

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Yesterday I was flashed by a car going the other way. I stopped and looked at the front if the car and found that the front nearside DRLs/sidelights were not working.
Ah no problem look in handbook find fuse and change it.
But no the flimsy handbook says that fuse changing should be fine by an approved dealer.
No problem look in full hand book which I downloaded via Mycitroen app. Again no help what's so ever. Ok took off the engine compartment fuse box cover again no list. Did not bother to take glovebox cover off.
So does anyone know where the fuse is or do I have to go to the dealer on Monday?
It's a fuse why the mystery and lack of information.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars

DACS

Post by DACS »

I tis unlikely that a single light would have its own fuse. You need to check whether power is reaching the light fitting in question.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

...and as this will be under warranty, I advise against any DIY repairs as these units are either working or not, there's no replacement bulbs. So if the connector isn't lose then you may have a faulty unit, so get Citroen to sort it.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Cheers I looked today and the unit is connected up and it originally did work. I'll go back Monday. She is only 7ยฝ weeks old. Not tampering as it's under warranty just a nuscience. ๐Ÿš—
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Interestingly I have a voltmeter inside the car, plugged in the front power socket. Last week it started only reading a max of 12.4V, before it used to read 14.9V. this I thought was odd but dismissed it as the car hasn't been used much at night so no headlights on etc.
Anyway armed with the fact the DRL isn't working I thought maybe there is a resistive short in the unit. So I disconnected the DRL and started the engine. Voltage now 14.9V again. Looks like DRL needs full replacement.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Most likely a faulty unit then.

I think you're going to be a Guinea pig for the facelift model Beanee going forward! So this is number 1 ๐Ÿคž
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Yes looks like it๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Well I went back on Monday. Showed them the fault and the mechanic muttered that it could be a software update or the unit or the fuse and it would have to go on the diagnostic computer.
End result it's not even been looked at yet and goes back on 5th June. Loan car will be lent. I showed him the voltage drop with unit plugged in.