Opinions on best engine to match EA8 on C5Aircross

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
willdingd

Post by willdingd »

Hi all,

New to the forum, nice to be here.

I'm looking to buy a 2nd hand C5 Aircross and it needs to be an auto box. Looking to spend up to about 20K which will get me a 2019-20 depending on engine and model type.
Notwithstanding the arguments about petrol vs diesel, the options out there are
1.5 diesel, coming in around the 16-17K Mark for a decently equipped car with 30-40k miles; and flair spec
The 1.6 petrol, adding a premium of around £1500-2000 on top if this;
The 2.0 diesel, price about the same as the petrol roughly.
(Prices are assuming citroën garage main dealer).

I'm going to mix motorway and local traffic, and am aware of advantages/disadvantages of both types of fuel. I like my cars to have a bit of"grunt" and not to lethargic but unlikely to be towing anything. Carrying normally 1/2 adults only and a 35kg dog!

Any opinions on the best match of engine to the EAT autobox, bearing in mind the price premium of the different engines, and also thoughts on reliability of each as well? I intend to keep the car long term and put about 5k miles on it per year. I'm wondering whether the extra premiums are worth it, or would it be better to get the 1.5 diesel and spend the extra on a better spec like flair plus?

Also, what are the recommended timing belt changes for the diesels, and rough cost?
And the red anodised styling elements on some of the cars - are these easily removed/replaced? Where would I get replacements from?

Plus any other advice welcome......

Thx all

Dave

schmoo2k

Post by schmoo2k »

IMO The 15. Deisel is a good match for the EAT 8 (I have one) - Given your low milage I would suggest you look at the 1.2 petrol edition, don't be fooled by the small size as one of the benefits of the EAT 8 as the more gears you have the better suited it is for smaller engines. Test drive one and I think you will be surprised by how well they work, even with the larger car!
2020 C5 Aircross - 1.5 BLUEHDI 130 S&S EAT8