Aircross Likes/Dislikes

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Noty

Post by Noty »

Now I've had the car a month,
Dislike;
Is the auto gear box, will not pick up 6th gear untill speed is over 93 kph (57 mph), as speed limits here on non motorways is 90 kph I am doing a lot of tootling about in 5th - not good for petrol consumption figures.
Reversing video is poor quality compared the my old Cactus.
Gear selection lever is clunky and gated.
Aircon cutting out when waiting at raffic lights etc.
Likes;
Nippy engine
Very smooth gear change
Sat nav more user friendly
No lip boot
Very comfortable but miss the big armrest of the Cactus.
Good climate control system except when engine turns off at traffic lights etc.
C3 Aircross Pure Tech 110 S&S EAT6 Shine ................... Noty

HelenO

Post by HelenO »

Hi Noty,

The engine does restart when there is a substantial drain on the electrics. If I’m running air con, wipers and lights, it always restarts after a short time.
Treecologist

Post by Treecologist »

Grahams - the contacts appear to recognise 'last names. If you have single-name contacts e.g. Steve, Chris etc. try editing the contact details on your phone so that 'Steve' is now the last name.
Noty

Post by Noty »

Mine does not for some reason - must be in the set up must look into it - Thanks
C3 Aircross Pure Tech 110 S&S EAT6 Shine ................... Noty
AdrianC

Post by AdrianC »

In general agreement with most of these replies, but I'm surprised no ones mentioned the keyless locking / unlocking where you just hold the door handle to unlock and then touch the ridges on the handle to simply lock the car.
TrisNez

Post by TrisNez »

Nice:
- Head Up Display
- Carplay
- Visibility
- Speed limit recognition which can be transferred to limiter and cruise control
- 130 BHP

Strange:
- No seat belt buckle stops
- Having a QI charger but no wireless Apple Carplay

phild wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:08 am no mute button on steering wheel
Pressing 'volume up' and 'volume down' at te same time should do it.
Noty wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:15 pm Very comfortable but miss the big armrest of the Cactus.
So True!
Burnt to the core but not broken
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Had it a few weeks now, would agree with most of the comments here, mine so far are... (sorry for any repeats)

Satnav easier to use than previous Citroen version (as fitted to 2015 C4 Picasso)
Opening sunroof! (an option, I know)
Blinds on rear windows (still not sure if this came with the sunroof or family pack!)
Voice commands (a bit hit & miss but not bad)
High-opening tailgate (used to bang my head on C3 Picasso)
Chunky looks

Dislikes:-
Poor satnav pronunciation (being TomTom based, thought it would be better than the older Citroen satnav, but it's worse!)
On motorways where left lane becomes a slip lane, satnav doesn't say (e.g.) "In 1 mile keep right" (the last one did)
(as Noty said in another thread, why can't they ever carry the good points of previous models forward???)
'Highlighted' option in lists are black text on (e.g.) red (i.e. unreadable!)
No/little air directed towards face in Auto mode if not cooling (C4 did this OK)
Forward visibility compared with C3 Picasso/C4 Picasso
Panel dimming control buttons aren't illuminated!

Overall pretty pleased with it.
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
AdrianC

Post by AdrianC »

I think the rear blinds are part of the family pack as I got the sunroof and have no rear blinds
I thought Id miss the armrest more as I used it 100% with the Cactus but I havent missed it. Plus the Aircross armrest doesnt come with storage inside, just a lump.
The doors - Ive had it 2 weeks and the doors still sound like theyre closing an airlock. Beautiful

Dislike the sat nav image of a roundabout as Im sure it shows roads on or off that dont exist and its hard to determine the one you need to take
Also sad they didnt make an app that allowed you to tap into the camera to use it as a dash cam.
Meggie144

Post by Meggie144 »

Just found this forum, having had a Flair since September.

My likes are mostly the same as everyone else, I particularly like the self retracting door mirrors and the key-less function.
dislikes: noisy fan,
The big blob of plastic where the rear view mirror is sited. I know this is needed but I have a dash cam and I am struggling to find a place to put it within the wiper range without out being a hindrance to my vision.
The boot cover that allows everything to fall in the back when you lift it up.
bjorn

Post by bjorn »

Likes from norway:
Handling, automatisk gearbox, engine ( 110 hp) , interior - actually most of the car.
Dislikes: autowipe