Oil sump plug / C3 Aircross

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
poppypicanto

Post by poppypicanto »

Just putting on case it helps somebody.

If you're going to do an oil change on a C3 Aircross petrol.....do yourself a favour and make sure you get a new sump plug seal. :roll:

I tried it cut corners and use the old one and was presented by drip drip drip....I know I know......more work in the long run

Anyway...... :D You want a plug seal that is basically size of (22,00mm x 16,00mm ) or part 031338 ( Citroen part code )

EuroCarParts have them for about 50p ish

I put this on here as I'm sure they'll be someone at some point here scratching your head..

Also... Just in case a novice is reading this ...you want to make sure you use a quick spec of oil too meeting PSA code b71 2312.....

Generally any decent oil that meets that spec which is most probably 0w -30...but definitely B71 2312.

MartinH

Post by MartinH »

For your info the 2 Citroën Dealerships I've used sell the sump plug seal in with the oil filter as one package/ part. Euro parts and 3 other such suppliers also now include this seal.
We had a horrible experience when 1st Aircross had oil change and the Dealership concerned was supplied an incorrect seal. Dumped most of the engine oil all over the drive. They came and lifted car and took it back. Two other Dealerships had same oil seal issues. The apology from our Dealership was quite profound :oops:
Was
2018 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic in Soft Sand.
Now
2022 Facelifted Model C3 Aircross Shine Plus 130 Automatic in Pepper Red, Black roof, Black roof bars & mirrors.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

It's standard practice to replace the oil sump seal as like any seal doing a similar job, once tightened up the seal deforms, so trying to re-use it is a disaster in waiting. Trained mechanics should know better unless being lazy.