Someone else waiting for my new car

New to the Citroen Aircross Forums? Introduce yourself here
Mrpatient

Post by Mrpatient »

Hi, guys. I ordered my C5 Aircross diesel c-series Automatic the end of August after being let down by mini, I waited 12 months and they cancelled on me. Robins and Day said January, I checked this out and it seemed a fare ball park figure, they also said if things fall right then it maybe December but don’t hold your breath, I accepted this but with what I’m reading??? What the hell are stallentis doing for their customers?, all I can see is that 1) somewhere along the line it’s going to cost me and 2) I know they said January but I didn’t realise they meant 2024.

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

It's global component issues, nothing to do with Stellantis.

Specifically, microchips used for most systems in the vehicle that are in short supply since factories geared down during Covid for 2 years. That, plus the unanticipated demand when people decided to replace their mobiles and 'white goods' during lockdown as they had nothing to spend their money on.

It's affecting all suppliers and demand is outstripping supply as they try to cope with the demand. Hence why used car prices have rocketed up as some people choose a used vehicle.
Mrpatient

Post by Mrpatient »

Yes agreed there as been a supply chain issue but what I’m reading is manufacturer-dealership arguements with cars stuck at docks or storage areas, apparently there’s not enough drivers?? I’m thinking that the price increases due to COVID wasn’t enough so this invented predicament is expected to push them up again.
Scouseneil

Post by Scouseneil »

Has your C5 arrived yet ? Thanks
chapi72

Post by chapi72 »

I Gave up on mine.
Ordered in March last year and it kept getting pushed back every month.
I was offered it that it would arrive in "December". As far as I can tell it still hasn't turned up and I got a used Petrol instead.

BTW - I have only seen 1 of the new shape on the road, I guess a demonstrator?
----
Current : MY20 C5 Aircross Flair Plus, Black
Cancelled : MY22 C5 Aircross, Hybrid, Eclipse Blue, City Park, Dark Chrome Pack :cry:
Previous: MY16 C4 Grand Picasso Feel
Previous: MY14 C4 Grand Picasso Exclusive +
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

I wasn't aware there was a new shape C5 Aircross, but I have seen new shape C3 Aircross at my local dealer. Don't like it much. I am due in there next week for MOT on our C3, so I'll have a look then.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Not much difference on the revised C3 AC except for new front end with LED headlamps (which let's face it have to be an improvement on the MK I), slightly larger Touchscreen with voice control for heating added, different upholstery, but that's about it. Oh, and climate control that resets every time to 21 degrees.
sidyash

Post by sidyash »

For people wanting a new Aircross, Arnold Clark seems to have some pre-registered units going right now. Grab them while you can. I got myself a C5 Aircross Shine plug-in version in blue and it's gorgeous. It took 2 days from deciding to buy it and getting delivery. It had done 3 miles previous from just being moved around the showroom but that's it. Of course you don't get to specify extras but that's still a small price to pay compared to the 1year+ wait time otherwise. Other dealers might also have pre-registered cars available.

Hope this helps.