C5 PHEV mystery button

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
chrisree80

Post by chrisree80 »

Hi,

I have a c5 aircross hybrid and on the left hand indicator stalk, the one which operates the indicators, there is a button on the very end of it. This button seems to have a picture of a lightbulb next to it.. yet pressing it doesn’t seem to do anything.

I can’t find an answer anywhere to this, please help.. it’s driving me crazy, what does this button do???

I’m sure somewhere there is a light going on and off but I just can’t see it!
Ta
Chris

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I think you'll find it's the voice command activation button. It can be either on the steering wheel buttons or on the end of the lighting stalk, depending on equipment.

Short press, system voice commands.
Long press, smartphone voice commands via the system.

So depends on the type of Head Unit you have fitted and other equipment.
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

On mine, this rotates thro the 2 trip computer figures and the electric percentage, displayed on the right half of the instrument display.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol EAT8, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Roof. Now traded for DS7 E Tense.
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

Sorry, that is the button on end of wiper stalk.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol EAT8, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Roof. Now traded for DS7 E Tense.
chapi72

Post by chapi72 »

Does it look like this?

button.JPG

----
Current : MY20 C5 Aircross Flair Plus, Black
Cancelled : MY22 C5 Aircross, Hybrid, Eclipse Blue, City Park, Dark Chrome Pack :cry:
Previous: MY16 C4 Grand Picasso Feel
Previous: MY14 C4 Grand Picasso Exclusive +
DACS

Post by DACS »

I think that it can be used to turn the interior light on in certain circumstances. Unfortunately, I still have not worked out what those circumstances are!
chrisree80

Post by chrisree80 »

chapi72, yes, that’s the button! Haha dacs, I’m glad it’s confused you too. I can’t make it do anything! I’m working nights tonight, so whilst dark I will look for any light going on and off!

There are a few things about the c5 aircross that confuse me, I don’t find the electronic user manual very thorough.
Whilst we are on it, I can’t seem to find the ‘instantaneous information’ I had in my old c4, which told me mpg in real time. I found an mpg figure which updated regularly on the new electric charge screen (on the main screen) but whilst driving with the engine it said my mpg was around 24 / 25, I hope this isn’t true!!

Or, is there a way to just unlock the charging cable without unlocking the whole car?

Thanks!
sidyash

Post by sidyash »

Speaking of mysterious buttons, any idea what the button with the Citroen logo on the rear view mirror assemble, the one on the symmetrically opposite side of the SOS button, does?
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

That's for Citroen Assist / Citroen Customer Service. Use this if there is a breakdown and you have the Citroen Assist service or if you need to contact Citroen. They can put you in touch with a dealer or arrange breakdown for you.

All this sort of thing is in your owner's manual.....