Wait times for C3 aircross

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Malekith

Post by Malekith »

Hi john B.
it seems we are waiting for a similar car. i was told by my dealer that the 6 EAT is no longer being built and cant be bought anymore .
i tried to build one on the citroen site and it cant be done. ( no auto option) i am told by citroen head office that the next aircross auto will be EAT 8!
have you heard anything? or have we bought a defunct car?
Aircross C3 Flair (auto) Misty grey with family pack, sunroof, park assist pack and hifi pack.

RosieG

Post by RosieG »

Hi JohnnB as you know was waiting for a petrol Flair with all the bells and whistles which I ordered in April. Gave up waiting and had a really good deal on a diesel Flair with all the bells and whistles. Wasn't 100% sure I was doing the right thing but we are now into our third month with it and can honestly say we are more than pleased with it. Just over 54 to the gallon doing lots of smaller trips to work amongst longer drives on days off and weekends. Both our daughters are really impressed with it so from our point of view it worked out for the best. Saved ourselves at least a few thousand pounds and good mileage to the gallon into the bargain and still had all the packs I wanted! 😍😍
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Hi Malekith, that's interesting, I also noticed the auto option had disappeared from the website & brochure some time after ordering. I queried this with the dealer around three weeks ago and he said they weren't sure why they had been removed but could still be ordered! I hadn't heard about the EAT8. I'm guessing it's to do with the new emission standards but could be wrong. An EAT8 would be nice and I suppose more economical but I think EAT6 should be fine (got one now on a C4 Picasso diesel). The other problem is, even if/when the EAT8 does become available to order, you're still looking at 4+ months to get one!
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Hi RosieG, this will be my first petrol car for around 18 years, so I might live to regret not going for diesel again! :?
Noty

Post by Noty »

I had to wait 3 & 1/2 months for my EAT 6 Shine Automatic to replace my Cactus Diesel Auto - wish I had never changed. New Aircross is only giving me 40.9 MPG compared to 58 on my Cactus. Aircross auto change is smother but the selection system leaves a lot to be desired. The Cactus button selection and flip gear change under the steering wheel was far superior to the gated selector system in the new Aircross.
C3 Aircross Pure Tech 110 S&S EAT6 Shine ................... Noty
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Hi, I'll report back on fuel economy after I've had it a few months. BTW looked up the EAT8 on the C5 Aircross and it's only 7% more economical than the EAT6 so nothing that great...
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Hi, heard yesterday that my C3 Aircross has just arrived in the UK (ordered 11th June), haven't got a collection date but should be just over a week with a bit of luck, so that would make it around 4.5 months. I'll post back at some point to comment on how it's going...
Malekith

Post by Malekith »

Great news John B.
Thanks for posting. i will be contacting my dealer next week to see where mine is!
lets hope it is worth the wait....
Aircross C3 Flair (auto) Misty grey with family pack, sunroof, park assist pack and hifi pack.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Hi Malekith, thanks. I read somewhere here that you can add around one week's delivery for each pack/option, so as yours has more extras than mine I guess this is why yours is taking longer?
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Picking it up on Monday :D