Trip Computer not working

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
SeaCrosser

Post by SeaCrosser »

Anyone experienced this?

I just sold one of the children, to afford to top up on petrol yesterday. As I usually do I went to reset Trip1 -keeping Trip 2 for long-term MPG.

As usual, I pressed the end of the stalk, but nothing happened. The display stayed exactly as it was. Also, it wouldn't scroll between T1, T2 and continuous.

Surely it can't be a fuse issue, or I would have a blank display.

Any suggestions, anyone?
1.6 PureTech 180 Auto Flair Plus in Volcano Red

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

What about when using the left hand steering wheel thumb wheel button? Rotating this should also cycle through the displays. Of course, it has to be displaying Trip Computer 1 before you can reset it either by pressing the thumb wheel control or the end of the wiper stalk.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

There may be differences between the C3 Aircross and the C5 Aircross. My C3 only has one trip and I though that the C3 Aircross was the same. The C5 Aircroiss sounds similar to our 2015 C4 Picasso, which did have 2 trips, but the computer was completely different to our C3.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Although there are other differences between the two, concerning this specific issue, the procedures are identical.

Both C3 Aircross and C5 Aircross (with dial displays) have the left thumbwheel and wiper stalk options for cycling display options / trip computers and are clearly listed in both handbooks. ;)
SeaCrosser

Post by SeaCrosser »

Thanks both of you for the replies, and apologies for the slow answer.

In the year I've owned the car, I've done the same thing. I have the display set to DRIVING normally and to NAVIGATION on long runs. Both have the trip computer as part of the display.

It's correct that the thumb button on the stalk-end, cycles between Trip1- Trip2- Current mpg,.
The rolling wheel serves to change between the different displays i.e. DRIVING-NAVIGATION-MINIMUM-DIALS-PERSONAL

Does this malfunction suggest a switch fault in the stalk, or something more electrical further down the line in engine management?
Is it a potential warranty claim?

C5A-_tripcom.jpg

1.6 PureTech 180 Auto Flair Plus in Volcano Red