Knocking sound

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Savii

Post by Savii »

Hi

My C3 aicross is only about 3 months old bit it has developed a knocking sound driver side rear. I have take it to the main dealer who have stripped it back and still haven't found what's causing the sound! Has anyone else had somthing similar? Or any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

The only issue I am aware of concerns the rear right side and a creaking noise above the rear left door or under the floor, which concerns the separation of joining panels and requires repair. But the manufacturing process was altered from vehicles built from 11th March 2020, so can't be that if your vehicle was built after this date.

The second thing I am aware of is a creaking or banging when moving off first thing in the morning. This concerns the rear brakes holding on to the discs and can cause a banging sound when you release the handbrake and move off. It stops straight away after this, until the next time it is parked up, say overnight and the brakes get stuck onto the discs. I had this issue and it was happening all the time. The modification was fitting of rear brake disc guard plates to stop crap getting into the discs (like snow build up etc. (!), but this was happening in all seasons. The modification was done and it stopped the noise. However, I have now since replaced the appalling rear discs which were in a terrible state (full of deep grooves and rusting away nicely) with some new Brembo discs and pads which are much better quality. I also did the fronts as the discs were very pitted and grooved too, so the Citroen original discs and very poor quality.

Do let us know the outcome when they find the problem.