New C3 Aircross settings not saving.?

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

To let you all know who are having this trouble with the climate control settings as i am along with many,many others, i have emailed the chief exec of Citroen uk to explain how disgusted i am that Citroen can't/won't rectify this FAULT and the way they are treating their loyal customers who have gone back to Citroen time after time to renew cars. It's very interesting to see that one c3 aircross shine plus owner on here is not having any problems with his climate contol, that to me proves there is a fault.
2022 Citroën C3 Aircross SUV
Shine Plus • PureTech 130 S&S Automatic in Khaki Grey.

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Do keep us posted, it will be interesting to see what they have to say about it. :)
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Perhaps it is for fuel saving. Aircon uses a lot of fuel, especially on starting in hot conditions. Defaulting to 21 degrees may well help their lab test fuel consumption to improve economy figures. All cars I have had retain the setting and also the aircon stays off or on depending on what it was doing before stopping the engine. However, my daughter has a 19 reg Captur which always defaukts to aircon on.

Post by 19766809 »

Tommo wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:30 pm To let you all know who are having this trouble with the climate control settings as i am along with many,many others, i have emailed the chief exec of Citroen uk to explain how disgusted i am that Citroen can't/won't rectify this FAULT and the way they are treating their loyal customers who have gone back to Citroen time after time to renew cars. It's very interesting to see that one c3 aircross shine plus owner on here is not having any problems with his climate contol, that to me proves there is a fault.

Hi Tommo
I've have written to CEO of robins and day with exactly the same issues
Do you have the Citreon CEO email and I will send the letter to him too.

Post by 19766809 »

Hi Tommo
I've have written to CEO of robins and day with exactly the same issues
Do you have the Citreon CEO email and I will send the letter to him too.
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

Hi 19766809 soz for the late reply, it is Eurig.Druce@citroen.com, have you lodged a complaint to your dealer? if so you should have a customer case number, quote that in your email.
OLDDJ

Post by OLDDJ »

Hi everybody
I have the same issue c3 aircross auto shine plus 2022.
I in fact have also emailed Eric Druce and have also been in contact with Citroen customer care manager Abdullah Alla.
I was originally informed that it was an issue then only to be told that it's normal operating within normal parameters.
I was emailed today by Robins and Day Birmingham saying that now Citroen are looking at a fix for the issue.
I was unfortunate enough to also receive a car with numerous defects to both the inside and the outside.
You are absolutely correct that the way Citroen is dealing with these issues is disgraceful.
Lots of loyal customers being treated with contempt.
What gets me is whenever I speak to any department from Eric Druce down to customer care they seem to make It clear that I'm the only person with any issues.
Do they not think that any issues will always make it into the public domain eventually.
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

I have had a response from head office advising the following.

Further to our previous email.

I contacted the retailer Evans Halshaw, Sheffield who confirmed the vehicle has not been on site since purchase, therefore the system has no information relating to the vehicle being unable to memorise settings.

However, the retailer has checked their internal system and a navigation map and software update for the vehicle touchscreen is available as the heating and radio runs through the touch screen.
The retailer recommended that you could have the update completed at your local Citroen retailer, which may include a charge, alternatively log onto the My Citroen app and follow the instructions to show the relevant updates.

A link sends a download to your computer, please be aware, if you download the update the vehicle will need to be running with you present for 1hr and half hours, but this can vary
The retailer are unable to guarantee the update will fix the issue you are experiencing and you will need to notify your local Citroen retailer if this is the case, and the retailer will raise a technical case.

Please be advised the retailer recommends taking the vehicle to a Citroen retailer to have the update completed and any further support you require.

Thank you for contacting Citroen customer care.

Yours sincerely,

Valencia Toulon
Executive Support Manager
Citroen Customer Care
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I doubt that will cut it. The last update for NAC Wave 4 has been out since 22nd April 2022! I have been saying this since the beginning of the topic - that the Head unit controls the A/C.

I still know of others here and abroad that have the issue on their latest models with the latest firmware already updated - and makes no difference. So you will have to update your vehicle with the latest firmware regardless, just so you can pursue the matter and say you have followed their instructions already.

This isn't going to go away quietly and the more people that complain will be the only way owners with affected vehicles will get a proper firmware update written to address this. It requires 'people power' here and abroad.

Thanks for sharing your experience - it all helps. ;)
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

I am seriously considering taking it to our dealer as the response has advised, i don't believe there should be a charge for this update. the only trouble with that is it will be a 100 mile round trip to do so, but at least if it doesn't solve the problem they will have to log a fault and they will be aware it's not an update fix, plus i won't give them a chance to say it was something i did. I did promise in my email to the chief exec that if it wasn't resolved i would contact the tv program Watchdog, they have a chance to correct it with this update.