New C3 Aircross owner - niggles

New to the Citroen Aircross Forums? Introduce yourself here
smudgebiscuit

Post by smudgebiscuit »

Hi all I got my new C3 Aircross last week & love it… however there’s a few things I can’t quite figure out.. probably me being dim but would welcome some help:
1: Hearing controls: I can’t seem to set it so it doesn’t auto come on when I start up, I’ve turned fan down, turned temp down & it stays like it while I’m driving but as soon as I get in again next day it’s reverted back to 21c with fan on
2: when I get out the car it locks straight away, so when I try to open rear door to get bag out I have to unlock then when I try to lock it after it doesn’t lock properly & wing mirrors don’t fold in.
3: Key doesn’t roll all windows up/down - I’ve had this on all my other cars even old ones

So fire away with the ‘you’re being dim’ comments… I’m ready 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

First the easy one. Point (3). This feature is not available - end of and cannot be configured otherwise in case you ask.

1) There are know issues with the newer C3 Aircross concerning non-retention of climate control settings. They do not appear to me memorised and revert to other values when restarting the car. Nothing you can do about this at present - make your dealer aware of it, as if they are not yet, they soon will be as there are complaints coming in from all over the place about this and not just in the UK.. It will likely need a software update when the technicians work out what the problem is and the programmers release a software update (possibly for the Head Unit) to correct this.

(2) That should not be happening. To my knowledge the latest C3 Aircross does not use the same auto locking procedure that the new C4 does, where as you walk away the car locks and makes an electronic warning beep a couple of times to let you know the car has locked.

To my knowledge the system is the same as the original model. If you have hands free access, then the car should unlock once you pass your hand at the back of one of the front door handles and lock when you touch the ridges of the handle where the thumb would be. Of course you can lock and unlock with the remote fob buttons too.

The only time the car would self-lock is if the vehicle is already locked, you then unlock the vehicle but do not open a door or tailgate, in which case it will relock within 30 seconds.

If you have other behaviour going on , then get it back to the dealers.

I suspect with all the issues of lockdown still permeating through the supply chains and factories, coupled with the electronic chip shortage and ditto for supplies of components, we are not going to see the last of these sorts of issues with people's vehicles who have been getting the first batch of new cars post-pandemic......
smudgebiscuit

Post by smudgebiscuit »

Thanks for your reply… glad I’m not being completely dim!! I will be tootling off to the dealer to get the issues noted.

Thanks again 👍🏻
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

For all you C3 Aircross shine plus owners that are going back to your dealers complaining about the climate control not working properly, just mention as i have that i will never even look at a Citroen car again never mind buy one. This has been the worst one i have had and i have had 4 prior to this, at time of ordering August 2021 it ha the sun screens on windows of back doors, but not on mine. On reflection it's a case of "if only i knew at time of ordering what i know now".
2022 Citroën C3 Aircross SUV
Shine Plus • PureTech 130 S&S Automatic in Khaki Grey.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Climate problems aside (this is a bug that will hopefully be ironed out with a software update), rear door sunblinds were never standard - only part of an option pack for the pre-facelift model (Family pack IIRC) and to be fair all manufacturers change their standard and optional equipment with each trim level. Sometimes they drop or include certain features and raise or lower the costs. Some equipment as we know here, has been actually removed completely (glove box lighting, rear passenger central armrest cup holders, driver's side grab handle, etc.)

Generally speaking, there's a lesson here for some, as as I've seen so many people moaning about what is and is not included in trim levels - do your research and check standard trim levels against option packs. If there's a feature you want look at the brochure - simple - it will tell you what is and isn't standard.

Even the option packs change from year to year, so essential to double check the car has what you want before parting with your hard earned cash.

This isn't just a Citroen thing, it happens with all manufacturers.

Some early 2017 brochures didn't even mention the rear window sun shade - so was probably just included on some trim levels - but on the 2020 brochure it was part of the family pack as I mentioned:

family pack.PNG

It's also worth mentioning that they have a 'cop out' clause on their UK brochures:
All equipment described in this brochure represents the technology of Citroën C3 Aircross SUV. This brochure is based on an international version, therefore some images and specifications might not be representative of models sold in the UK. To know in detail equipment that is available as standard or optional, please refer to the Product Specification brochure or visit citroen.co.uk.