Android Auto

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
putlog

Post by putlog »

hi, I have a 22 shine plus auto C3 aircross. My question is .....is it possible to have a split screen with google maps and spotify on the screen? . I am loving the car after 350 miles....I hope the love affair continues..lol

TIA
Ray

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Not at present, but there are some major updates coming in the summer of 2022. There are issues currently as Google couldn't design the interface to scale to each car manufacturer's different sized screens, but they have now overcome this and the new updates should be rolling out including split screens - so keep an eye out on your phone for software updates.

This article should give you a better idea:

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/05/16/and ... -new-look/
putlog

Post by putlog »

Thanks for the quick answer...no wonder I couldn't make it do it....lol
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Thanks Juan
Thats sounds good ! i find it really handy to have the split screen when reversing to show a birds eye view of parking.
Although i wonder if they thought about altering software to switch screen off when engine is off to increase radio playing time.
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Unfortunately not as it's actually the screen that controls the NAC / RCC unit behind the dashboard, so it's either on or off.

The screens tend to use LDVS (low voltage differential signalling) for the communication and really don't use a lot of power, but considering the radios use an internal amplifier - and if you have the HiFi upgrade with equaliser amp and subwoofer in the boot then that's going to use more juice and trigger Economy mode more quickly with the engine off as these also have a cooling fan(s) to power.