Temp control & instrument cluster

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Mishka2986

Post by Mishka2986 »

Morning all! I've had my c3 aircross for just over a week and still adjusting to it from my last car. It's going back in to dealer for a few niggles (steering creaking when turning, sounds like a diesel engine, awful flapping noise when accelerating) but I've noticed when I have the temperature control turned off, it still blows a steady stream of cool air through the front vents. Is this normal or do I need to add this to the list for them to check over?
Also, on some start ups, it doesn't start on first press and the speed needle does a wee wiggle before doing the start up spin. Any one else noticed this with theirs? I've previously had a ds3 and this happened before the whole cluster broke and it couldn't be repaired. I'm hoping I've not just thrown my money down the pit :roll:
Thanks in advance!
C3 Aircross PureTech Flair 130bp

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

If they do manage to sort the creaking steering, please post what the solution is. I have this issue with my C3. It has had a new strut bearing, two sets of struts, another pair of top bearings and it still creaks. Back in 5th May.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

The only technical issue listed is for the vehicle pulling to the right which, after testing, may be related to the coil springs where a replacement is recommended. There is also mention of replacing the tyres if necessary.

It is well-known that the 17" Bridgestone Turanza tyres are horrendous on this vehicle, including my own. The tyre walls on mine deteriorated and crumbled at less than 8000 miles and can cause side skidding at the front. These simply are the worst tyres I have ever had. I got rid of the whole lot and replaced them with Michelin CrossClimate + and they have been great.

I am aware of many other users in France with the same issue. Citroen changed the driveshaft and no difference, yet they are becoming aware that the Bridgestone tyres are crap. In the cases I know of where the owners changed over to Michelin tyres it stopped the creaking and groaning. Something to do with the rigid rubber used on those tyres. I'm not saying this will fix your issue, let the garage check it out, but just to be advised.

As far as the air flow is concerned, this will be the 'ram air effect' - the air being forced in at speed through the grille and into the cabin.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

My C3 has creaked with Primcy 3 and 2 new Primacy 4s, so it isn't the tyres.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Of course it may the be the tires in your situation, but is well known to be a cause on some of these C3 Aircrosses and a reason why it is part of remedial action if found to be the cause as noted in the TSB.
Mishka2986

Post by Mishka2986 »

Thanks for the replies. They claim it was strut top bearings causing the noise of the steering. It went back in yesterday for this to be repaired. Got a phone call to say the bearings had been replaced but they'd been sent without the housing so they'd but old housing back and it needs to go back when the new ares are delivered, so thered still be noise. To me that sounds like pap, surely the housing has nothing to do with the noise but what do I know? It still sounds awful, it now sounds like there's a metal can rolling round under my seat even though there's nothing there. They haven't identified the noise under the bonnet when accelerating but did ask if it could be something unclipped to do with temp control. Never had a car that allows so much air in when it's off. God help me in winter 😂
C3 Aircross PureTech Flair 130bp
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Go to heating page on touchscreen, (bottom left symbol on screen).
Touch options bottom left.
What setting is your fan on for AUTO mode.
I have mine on soft. You can also on the main page for heating select which vents the air comes out of. Plus you can close the vents on the dash if required. In my case my fan as I said is on soft (low) in Auto due to having to wear hearing aids and the fan on other settings in fine intrusive.
When the system is in auto and you start the car the fan will assume a speed that the ECU determines by the difference between the dialled temp and the actual. My car temp is set 9/10 at 21C so the fan tends to be gentle and thus airflow low.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars