C5 Aircross Screen Updates...

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

This is the Citroen Update 1.2 app that I use to download firmware and Nav updates for my C3 Aircross.
This run on PC and Laptops.
Once installed you enter your VIN number.

Then you use it to search for Cartography updates. And Software updates.
If any exist it will download them and process them
You insert a USB 3 stick of 16GB and it formats it and outs the updates on it ready for loading in the car.

IMG_20220430_162714102~2.jpg

2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I'm not sure if you are using a VPN, but be aware this can crawl things to a halt too.... I'm on fast fibre, but I got shot of my VPN after trying 5 providers as it reduced speeds to unacceptable levels.
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

That's almost identical to the Citroen update app on my laptop.
Works in exactly the same way , enter vin, select cartography or touch screen updates, downloads ( usually .. :roll: ) auto formats usb stick and uploads etc..
Trouble is... getting the current touch screen update ( C4 is same as C5A) is nigh on impossible due to the demand slowing Ctroen servers down.
I have given up, and will try again in May sometime.
NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

:roll: Not today then.... :roll:
Estimated download time for the touch screen update is 51 hours ! :roll:
Methinks... 'please try later' added to this month... :lol:
NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi
C5owner

Post by C5owner »

srperry wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:17 am I've installed the new firmware version 44.02.16.52_NAC-r0 yesterday with no problems.
I want to join and complement this previous thread.

My car is a C5 Aircross PHEV late 2020 model. I had not updated the firmware or map, before I recently used MyCitroen app to email me with suggested download urls.

Because I use Linux on my workstations, I selected the "old method" to manual create the USB stick. I That is I downloaded the 6.3 GB large FW file and additional key file.

PSA_ovip-int-firmware-version_44-02-16-52_NAC-r0_NAC_EUR_WAVE4.tar

It was straight forward to unpack this native tar format on Linux and copy the content to a FAT32 (msdos) formatted 16 GB USB stick.

Today I updated my car using this USB stick without any problems.

I have two questions:

1. How can I now afterwards verify by versions that the above WAVE4 file was a combined file that really updated both the firmware and map software as previous mentioned in this thread?

2. Have someone here knowledge about if the Citroen Update also exists for Linux as mentioned i.e here:
https://citroen-update.updatestar.com/technical
https://github.com/zeld/psa-update/blob/main/README.md
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

For those interested, there is an update to the My Citroen App for Apple Devices released yesterday, which upgrades the App to version 1.36.1
C5owner

Post by C5owner »

C5owner wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:02 pm
I want to join and complement this previous thread.

My car is a C5 Aircross PHEV late 2020 model. I had not updated the firmware or map, before I recently used MyCitroen app to email me with suggested download urls.

Because I use Linux on my workstations, I selected the "old method" to manual create the USB stick. I That is I downloaded the 6.3 GB large FW file and additional key file.

PSA_ovip-int-firmware-version_44-02-16-52_NAC-r0_NAC_EUR_WAVE4.tar

It was straight forward to unpack this native tar format on Linux and copy the content to a FAT32 (msdos) formatted 16 GB USB stick.

Today I updated my car using this USB stick without any problems.

I have two questions:

1. How can I now afterwards verify by versions that the above WAVE4 file was a combined file that really updated both the firmware and map software as previous mentioned in this thread?

2. Have someone here knowledge about if the Citroen Update also exists for Linux as mentioned i.e here:
https://citroen-update.updatestar.com/technical
https://github.com/zeld/psa-update/blob/main/README.md

I do answer my questions myself for those interested:

1. Navigation Menu > Settings > Mapping
showed just version -MAP.EUR.NDS-8.0.0 from 15/5/2020
This verfied no map update since my car was new and that the file PSA_ovip-int-firmware-version_44-02-16-52_NAC-r0_NAC_EUR_WAVE4.tar had updated just the firmware.

2. Citroen.no/Stellanties also confirmed that the Citroen Update application was not available for Linux, but supplied me with url to the direct download of the corresponding map update file from TomTom. This tar archive file is huge, 19.3GB, but happily by high speed download it was finished within 5 minutes
http://download.tomtom.com/OEM/PSA/MAP/ ... _WAVE4.tar

The tar archive files was correspondingly extracted on Linux to a SWL directory structure and copied to a new 32GB USB3.1 memory stick.
However the map update in car stopped and reported unsuccessful update after a few minutes. I tried also Citroen Update on a Windows PC, which got a slow download from Citroen, it reformatted the same USB stick before copying files to it. But the same problem happened regarding unsuccessful update in the car.

After a dialog with Citroen/Stellantis I purchased and tried another type of USB 3.1 stick that did work for the previous firmware update. (This was a generic, slim type specified compatible with Lin/Win/Mac OS without drivers). And this time after re-copying the same SWL structure to this USB stick, the update finished successful in care within 1 hour.

(Lastly, I'll just add my experience with USB wire connecting the smart phone with Android Auto. I got only USB2 cable to enable Android Auto, none of the two USB3 cables I tried, but works fine for connecting to the PC.)

So my experience is that the map update and Android Auto connection is sensitive with regards to USB types of memory sticks and cable.
Designator

Post by Designator »

Now on my third attempt to download the latest navigation software update. First attempt reported that the usb stick was too small (it's 64 GB). The second attempt got as far as loading to the same usb stick but froze at 50%. So trying again. I have plenty of experience of downloading software and this is by far the least satisfactory. As they obviously struggle to provide this updating service in a professional manner why don't Citroen just make pre loaded usb sticks available from the dealers?
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Cost to do and time - simple as that. Plus, if things go toes up (as has happened previously) an update can cause issues on some systems / vehicles, so as they become aware, they can quickly block the dodgy update from being downloaded until they provide a later version.

I think the latest Firmware is about 6.5 Gb and the mapping software about 19.5 Gb.
jgriff65

Post by jgriff65 »

I took delivery of a new C5 Aircross 2 weeks ago and from day 1 the My Citroen app has been telling me there is an update to the mapping and screen software. Seems very strange considering the car was probably made in the last month or so. I've tried numerous times to produce a USB but despite working at the technical end of IT support for 20 years it has me stumped. It usually fails during the transfer to USB so thanks for the ideas C5owner. I'll try buying a 3.1 stick although I begrudge spending more money.