Hybrid battery range

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
SilmarilionMP

Post by SilmarilionMP »

HI. I am new here and I tried to find an answer to my problem but I can't, so sorry if I am repeating a topic previously answered.
I bought my Aircross C5 Hybrid on October 2021 with 5000 miles on clock and at that moment my battery range was 15miles. From that time my range was dropping and now I have only 3 miles of range. I already reduced temperature settings , I am driving hybrid mode in B gear, everyday average 17 miles, max40 mph.
How I can reset or restore the full range of my battery? is there any way to force system to start calculating the battery range from scratch? Or maybe you have some advise how to improve my driving to get more range. As I note, from your posts here , most of you have range above 10 miles so I don't know what is wrong with my one? Citroen told me that weather is a main factor here but temperature outside is going up but my battery range is not. Thanks for reading.

Tripods

Post by Tripods »

I posted some time ago about the reduction in mileage when charging, steadily over the winter months the range has fallen at its lowest point it was 11 miles, despite several calls to the dealer and the dealer looking at it twice, they told me it was in the hands of engineering and there was at current no fix basically it is what it is. I live in the real world and not expecting 34 miles range particularly over the winter but a third less than advertised is ridiculous you wouldn’t advertise a car doing 60 mpg and it only doing 20 and get away with it. So I had several suggestions from the dealer to reset the drive cycle, I was told to drive in hybrid mode only and need to have a journey of over 50 miles to reset so over the last few weeks I’ve had round trips of over 200 miles so this should be more than ample to reset the system still the range at best was 12 miles. Charging the vehicle in a warmer area, precondition the system then charge the battery none of which made any difference. So after trying all there suggestions and nothing working I decided that I would do a 50 mile + journey then recharge the battery then drive as far as I could in electric only mode I then recharged the battery and found it went to 14 miles range drive again on electric only actually drove nearly 17 miles before engine cut in I recharged again went to 18 miles I have just recharged again the range is now reading 22 miles. Just out of curiosity would anyone else having battery range issues try this and report back on your findings. Sorry for long winded post but I thought some background information would be useful
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I've just watched a video of a bloke who paid £65k for an Audi e-tron with an advertised 215 mile range. He never had it back to that value as displayed on the dash. He has also watched the range drop each time it is charged and now the range he says is about 150 to 165!

He is selling it.

I wouldn't have one of those if I was given one free, and although this is a full-electric and not a hybrid, I appreciate there are differences - but I blame the battery technology and the charging.

I will be waiting a good 10 years until I'm forced into a full EV and by then they'll probably be powered by fairy dust.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

I really think that this is pipe dream and as the cut off date approaches and the infrastructure isn't there either extensions will be introduced OR hydrogen powered cars will be the order of the day.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

https://thedriven.io/2021/03/16/vw-join ... cells/amp/

Non Asian car producers are lining up to reject hydrogen power for cars

JohnM
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol EAT8, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Roof. Now traded for DS7 E Tense.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

... and the billions they have poured into electric has no bearing of course... It will be interesting to see what the Japs and the Koreans come up with though. They have to be seen to be making it workable and if successful then maybe the supporting infrastructure will be there...
Claire1568

Post by Claire1568 »

I have just read all the replies on this thread and have to agree with the consensus. I had my new C5 delivered in February and since then the 100% charge has gone from 28 miles down to lowest of 21 miles. It has also increased to 26 miles. Surely it should always charge to 34 miles as stated and then just discharge depending on usage and conditions etc.

Today the car was seen at a dealers for a recall to do with the software which included the battery management.

I would all check if your car needs this latest update. So far the car has still only charged to 26 miles but if I do a full deplete then recharge it may charge to 34! And of course pigs might fly!!!
Tripods

Post by Tripods »

I found if you drive as far as possible on electric only then carry on driving for over 50 miles continuously, charge the battery hopefully the range will have increased you may have to do this 2 or 3 times
eddieg0107

Post by eddieg0107 »

I have a C5 Aircross phev only 1 year old. It has suddenly decided not to charge fully at 34 miles, now only 27. I have taken it on long runs (280 miles) but to no effect. This has happened every charge in the last 2 weeks. The car shows it is fully charged at 27 miles. Anybody got any ideas what to do. It seems from previous posts that Citroen are ignoring giving an answer.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

You may find my post useful here - it states the expected ranges according to the conditions:

viewtopic.php?p=6338#p6338