Hi new to Forum

New to the Citroen Aircross Forums? Introduce yourself here
NickF1975

Post by NickF1975 »

Hi I am new to the forum. I have just taken delivery of a brand new c3 Aircross 1.5 diesel. It's a lease car through my employer (salary sacrifice/scaryface) for 36 months.

I am trying to keep it as clean and unscathed as possible. I am sure I will be asking lots of advice from time to time.

Firstly - I have two young children the youngest is 3 and even today he got in with his dirty boots and got mud on the seats - I can't expect it to stay spotless for ever but can anyone recommend any car seat covers?

I have just had to give up a 16year old vauxhall vectra estate. One of the limitations I have found with the aircross is that it isn't the roomiest - my vauxhall had a towbar and I pull a small 3x3 ft camping trailer. I wondered if there were any drivers of C3 aircrosses out there who tow and what kind of tow bar they recommend? with it being diesel I have no day it will pull well etc. With it being a lease car I think all I have to do is tell them I am having a tow bar fitted but they may suggest I go to a reputable installer.

Many thanks

Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

Hi, I've had my C3 Aircross for just over 2 years and am generally pleased with it, it's the first car I've bought on PCP. I wanted to fit a removable swan neck tow bar for my bike carrier, but after speaking to the finance company (PSA Finance), they said if I fitted one and I was planning on returning the car at the end of the lease, the car would have to be returned without any mods! To fit a removable swan neck Tow Bar, a very small section of the trim would need cutting, this would have cost a lot to replace so I had to forego this fitting. This is my biggest disappointment regarding using PCP to finance my car.
If you are permitted to fit one, PF Jones do a great job, and have a variety of options and come to your premises to fit it. https://www.pfjones.co.uk/towbar-fittin ... vices.html
C3 Aircross Flair 130BHP manual - Breathing Blue
Johntheplumber1

Post by Johntheplumber1 »

After having Picasso vehicles since 2005 took our present C4 in for MOT and left arranging to collect a C5 Pure Shine Plus Aircross with 4.000 miles on this week.
Ladyfreda

Post by Ladyfreda »

Hi, I've had my Citroen C5 Aircross for 6 months now, and the stop/start function has only worked on a handful of occasions. Is this typical? I've been given several different explanations for this from the Citroen dealer but I'm not satisfied.
Also, if I stop and turn off the engine and turn on the radio it goes off after 1minute. Is this to be expected?
Apart from this, it's a lovely car!
John Minshall

Post by John Minshall »

Not sure about the stop and start but on my 2018 c3 aircross the radio also turns off after 1 minute if the engine is off, I believe it’s something to do with the radio being wired to the starter motor battery and is expected behaviour. I’m guessing that’s also why the windows don’t open if the engine is off. Can be quite annoying.
C3 Aircross 110A Flair Cosmic Silver/Black
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

It's the vehicle battery condition.

What Citroen have told you is correct. The Stop Start system relies on a multitude of factors to operate correctly, including the car battery health to start with. My Aircross had a new battery under warranty after 1 year as Stop Start worked once or twice and that was it. New battery - it worked for a month and then has now started working occasionally. Sometimes it works and others not - but we only use the car once a week and on relatively short journeys, so I know the reason why. There are other factors like the ambient temperature, the miles travelled since the last stop start cycle, the Climate Control settings set by the occupants, electrical accessory usage, the engine temperature etc. etc.

People often forget the energy taken out of the car battery on starting, yet alone the use of any electrical consumer equipment like the telematics, A/C, headlamps etc. which takes some consistent driving for the alternator to replace the what was lost. This means that if the battery is not able to replenish what has been used (especially on short trips) you will get economy mode kicking in a lot quicker and less operation of the Stop & Start system. A lot of the later vehicles with Stop & Start no longer have the ultracapacitor system in place that accumulates the additional energy used for the older stop start systems, so it relies on the main vehicle battery alone.

Think of the benefit though - you will save on wearing out your reversible alternator or starter that may be fitted depending on model - these can cost just under £1000, even though they are reinforced....
briannadin

Post by briannadin »

is this typical? I've been given several different explanations for this from the Citroen dealer but I'm not satisfied.
hız testi xender snaptube
Last edited by briannadin on Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

It is sensitive to climate control. The c/c works by switching on and off intermittently. The stop/start may well work if the c/c is off at that time, and the engine will probably sart when c/c cuts in.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

On my C3 Aircross the stop start works 99% of the time
It didn't but I put the battery on overnight charge and it worked since then except on the odd occasion
A run of 10 miles sorts it out. The battery charger failed and I haven't bought a new one.
If the engine is off and the steering is moved the engine starts. However the Aircon being switched ON doesn't start my engine but I believe it should.
Now it's possible the battery charger messed up the stop start module, Citroen garage said it's ok.
The radio going off time can be adjusted, mine is 30 mins but you need someone with a a Lexia terminal.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Beanee687 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:45 pm
If the engine is off and the steering is moved the engine starts. However the Aircon being switched ON doesn't start my engine but I believe it should.
Switching aircon on doesn't necessarily start the engine. It depends on whether starting the aircon actually demands that the compressor starts. If the compressor isn't required the engine will not start.