windscreen icing up

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
tobyjane

Post by tobyjane »

i am getting icing up on the inside of my c3 aircross 2020 i have checked for water entry and dampness in the car no problem bit it keeps happening when ever we get a frost any ideas or has anybody had this problem.

grahams

Post by grahams »

Yes I have the same problem - Aircross 2020. My previous C3 Aircross - 2017 also iced up. Ditto no signs of dampness in either car.
gerbil40

Post by gerbil40 »

My 20 plate Aircross does that too . Very annoying.
Citroen C3 Aircross Flair 2020 ( Manual ) 110ps Platinum Grey/ Black roof
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

No problems with my 2020. It's iced up everywhere on the outside, but nothing on the inside.

As a matter of interest, do any of you above (a) close your inside air vents up overnight and / or (b) have the A/C Climate set to AUTO or not?
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

First check that the cabin filter is dry.
Providing the OAT is above 3c when you are about to park up for the night run the air con for a few minutes and before shutting down the engine put the system on recirc. Shut down and exit the car quickly. Recirc will prevent cold air being blown into the car over night as the inlet vent is shut.
I follow this regime if I have to park outside in the winter. Normally my car is garaged.
Preventing the damp getting in in the first place is the secret.
Providing cars integrity is good doors seals intact, plastic film behind door cards in tact, no leaks from heater: then,
Try not to wear damp clothes in car. Put raincoat etc in boot.
Don't bring hot drinks into cabin.
Don't breath or allow passengers to breath. Naturally that's impossible. As soon as you see condensation appearing on the inside of the windows, any window, usually the corners, switch on the Aircon in Auto. I run my heating at 21 to 22C all year with Aircon when required. Result you will dry the interior and remove the moisture.
Be sure to turn recirc off when driving off Orr you will cause more moisture in the car due to no through flow.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Tallyho100

Post by Tallyho100 »

You have a damp interior, The air being warming inside will hold any moisture in the car, when the windows get cold this moisture forms on the window and freezes. I had this once in an old car over winter. In the summer on hot days I opened the windows and dried the car out. I had no problems the following winter. Another trick you could use, is a moisture collector that’s stop condensation in a house, place one in the car when it’s warm or been used and this will collect any moisture in the air.
tobyjane

Post by tobyjane »

thanks everybody i have tried the air conditioning it seems to work not iced up since also purchased one of these moister collection bags to keep in the car.