Front tyres jumping/knocking

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
startv

Post by startv »

Hi 4boys

Thanks for your reply.

Since my original message I have a update.

I really wasn't happy with the outcome as I knew that the issues were manufacture faults and wear and tear but didn't know what else I could do. I then remembered that I had purchased an extension to my manufacturers warranty with Citroen on their website so decided to give them a call as I know these extended warranty schemes are normally run by a separate administrator company on behalf of manufactures and when I told them about the suspension struts and another issues with my rear wiper arm (not wiper blade) they surprisingly said we would cover this and asked me to contact my dealership who would contact them and arrange this. I contacted my Evanshalshaw dealership and advised them of this, surpisingly they rang back about an hour later and said Citroen Extended Warranty have authorised the suspension struts but not the wiper arm, so luckily will get the struts sorted which should hopefully make the jumping issue better.

I'm still not too happy as Citroen Customer Services said they wouldn't cover this without further diagnostic but there associates at Citroen Extended Warranty have authorised almost straight away.

I'm still awaiting my Evanshalshaw dealership to refund me my diagnostic fee as they still need to liaise with Citroen to "get paid" for the voucher Citroen gave me for this, makes me the customer feel like the dealerships have a "us" and "them" culture when really they should all be one as they all our part of the Citroen brand even though they may be separate businesses.

Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Typical, terrible response from a dealership. No way should a owner be told that a fault would not be corrected when it seems to be relevant to many cars of a particular model.
What happens to those who have not taken out the extended warranty, do they wait until there's a recall ?.
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Did you not tell them you had extended warranty in the first place? If you didn't mention it they wouldn't know to be fair. You should always tell them you have extended warranty on the vehicle - then once they check this from your cover letter, they clarify any work with them to make sure they will cover it beforehand.

I had about £6k of warranty work done on a previous vehicle over the 3 years of extended warranty I took out each year. It was well worth it. Sometimes the dealer may not think an item is covered, but I found at least one occasion by ringing the Citroen warranty company direct and explaining, they authorised repairs immediately.
Last edited by Juan Sheet on Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
srperry

Post by srperry »

Any Citroen dealer is connected to the Citroen Service network, and Warranty status should be available to the dealer through that system.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

You would think so, but it's not always the case - I've had more then 3 occasions in the past - where they sometimes called up the registration number and got the wrong vehicle as I have a private plate that has been transferred about 3 times. Ask me how I know... the invoicing afterwards with the wrong VIN number on where they used my previous vehicle. I ended up with an invoice for the wrong vehicle and they couldn't change it - they could only make a note on their system. The same happened with parts - so they are not infallible and it pays to make sure you check ☺
srperry

Post by srperry »

I too have a private plate, which has changed vehicles many times, and I've never experienced what you describe. Maybe that's just good luck for me, but I think it's more likely your dealer not inputting information correctly. I've used the same dealer (for Rover, MG and Citroen) for about 30 years and have never expeienced that. And if your dealer has messed up the input of your current vehicle, that WILL affect the parts ordering as well as the billing.

I've worked in IT for around 35 years and have never seen any problem as you describe that cannot be rectified - it's just a question of whether or not the responsible party can be bothered. JMHO.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
4Boys

Post by 4Boys »

Well done Startv glad to here you’re not having to pay for work that should have been covered by your original Citroen warranty.
Hopefully after the top strut mounts are fitted, it should see you on your way to having some more enjoyment in driving your car.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Yes it's because they used my reg and not the vin and the previous 2 C5s were the same engine code so the VIN was the same apart from the VIS. Human error, but annoying.
startv

Post by startv »

Thanks 4Boys it's worth to keep persevering especially when you geuinely believe your right.

In terms of not telling them about extended warranty my reason for the diagnostic visit was with Citroen Customer Services for manufacturer warranty issues which I had told them about when in warranty but then warranty ran out end of October and they didn't respond to me before this but had extended warranty also. I did tell Citroen Customer Services about the extended warranty but that didn't seem to make a difference until I contacted the Citroen Extended Warranty helpline myself.

I feel for customers who may not know how it all works and just get fobbed off.
startv

Post by startv »

Hi guys just to update the extended warranty strut changes work have been completed by my local dealer and the jumping/knocking appeared to have gone initially when I tested vehicle on first day after work was done but unfortunately still seem to experience it again after first day of no issues.

Of note the Citroen Evans Halshaw dealership left me a pack of cigarettes on the driver's seat which I found upon entering it in their car park, took them back straight into dealership who said it wasn't their technicians but likely their valeter! I advised them to tell him off they said they would do. I keep wanting Citroen to send me the surveys about dealership visits but never get them as could feed things like this back. What makes me laugh the vehicle was not vaccumed or cleaned at all from what I could see (even in my service visit in October they never gave a wash and vac even though Citroen website days it's complimentary) so not sure what the 'valeter' was doing in my vehicle!

Again poor experiences from the Citroen brand but glad they finally sorted my struts albeit it wa something I had to chase up myself 🙁