Nav & map update help?

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
martyness

Post by martyness »

It's no problems at all jonpetern.

I'm glad you got it all sorted out an working. I'm surprised that it wouldn't let you do both the firmware and the maps on the same usb as I've managed to do it twice that way.

Either way glad you're all sorted out 🙂
C5 aircross flair plus platinum grey metallic with red inserts

disq

Post by disq »

martyness wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:38 pm I eventually got a response from Citroen connected services and they just fobbed me off with if there's no update then take it to the dealer.

I persisted by telling them it's a much bigger problem with C5 aircross's on the wave 3 system and that they should take it higher up and recently got back to me saying according to their systems via this link:

https://www.citroen.ie/quick-links/myci ... ystem.html
Thanks for the link! Apparently the Citroen Update app doesn't work on my Mac, but this did. (Still waiting to pick the car up before I can update its firmware)

BTW (if any software engs here) Citroen Update is apparently an electron app and it's possible to access the source code by unpacking the app.asar file bundled with it. The download is failing due to HTTPS cert compatibility but I was able to add some log lines, repack the app to run and access the download URL. It turned out to be the same file as the one provided in the link above, though! Spent about an hour (not a NodeJS/Electron person) just to find the link in this thread later on.
SPhoenix86

Post by SPhoenix86 »

Hi martyness! I'm having same issues, could you please pm me as you have others, I'd like to install updates for my 69plate c5 aircross. My system shows the same info as in your first pics.
martyness

Post by martyness »

SPhoenix86 a pm has been sent your way
YogiBear

Post by YogiBear »

Thanks martyness,
I downloaded the files onto a reformatted 64gb usb2 stick no success tried again with another 32 gb stick same problem.
Ordered a new 64gb (comes in handy for pictures storage afterwords) formatted it and it worked first time! I’m thinking that the quick reformat that the program uses doesn’t always get rid of all the junk on the stick like a full reformat does.
The firmware update has definitely speeded up the system and Android Auto connection works first time on my C3 Aircross Flair that is a big improvement. :D
martyness

Post by martyness »

No problems YogiBear

Glad you got everything sorted out and working.
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

Citroen app showed a message today:

Screenshot_20211109-092245_My Citron.jpg

My car is C5 dated March 2019.
John
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol EAT8, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Roof. Now traded for DS7 E Tense.
srperry

Post by srperry »

My car is an April 19. 'MyCitroen' App has never advised me about map or software updates - I've only known about them by running the Citroen Update app on my PC...
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
martyness

Post by martyness »

Thanks for the update.

I've been on the app a couple of times the last few days but it never flagged up a notification on my phone. Right enough though as soon as I looked at updates it was right there.

Off to download and will most likely install it on Monday.
Spark

Post by Spark »

Map update version EUR 11.1.0-r0 is out now.
C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Business Plus ▪︎ Manual ▪︎ Pearl White