Mirror screen

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
BachGy

Post by BachGy »

Hi Guys,

First of all, sorry for my English I wrote from Hungary.

I bought a c3 aircross in the middle of July. This car was on stock and unfortunatelly I forgot to check the mirror screen function before I bought.
At home I realised it isn't working. I would like to buy this option, but our dealer told me that is not possible.
I think this is only a software option, if somebody reads this from citroen I ask, realy can't activate this function after buy? Or if somebody have any idea pls tell me :)

Thanks.

György

Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Did you get the Touch version ? This doesn't have the 7 inch screen and I don't think you can add it in afterwards. You may be able to take out the radio and replace it with a radio with a screen. There are lots on the market you can buy but I don't know anything about fitting them. I think you need to go to an AV forum (Audio Video) and post a picture of what you have into the 'car' section and ask advice about "head units".

If you have the Feel or Flair version, you should have the screen and it should work when connected to your phone. If it doesn't, send a few more details about the version, your phone, how you are trying to connect them, etc...
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
BachGy

Post by BachGy »

Hi,

Yes I have touchsreen in the car :D

I have a feel model with some extra (city pack,etc...).
I tried with my iphone 7, when plug in the usb cable to the car it starts only charging the phone, and I can play music, but no carplay.

Thx

In attachment an inside picture.

IMG_2665.JPG

Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Sorry if it seemed like a stupid question about the screen but had to check...

I think I only have bad news for you. Mirror Link does not work on iOS devices. You would have to use Apple CarPlay and as far as I can see from the apple.com website (Screenshot below) , CarPlay isn't available in Hungary.

I don't know if this is because of local restrictions or if it is just because they didn't yet write a Hungarian language version of it. If it were an Android phone you could just load a different language or install the app 'unofficially' but I don't know enough about iOS to know if that is possible. Knowing Apples preference to 'lock things down' I suspect it's not possible.

If the car display was a separate unit, you could get a converter unit that takes the display out from your iPhone and displays it on your car screen but as the Citroen screen is integrated into the car systems I doubt this is possible as you don't have a 'display in' socket to plug into.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Capture.JPG

BachGy

Post by BachGy »

Hi,

tried with an android phone, installed the app 'unoficially' but it also didn't work. When I plug in to usb, only music player starts.

The intresting thing is that, the android auto and the carplay icon in the menu is missing.
I've read in a forum that the service can enable this becuase this is an option in BIS, I've no idea why my service don't want to do it.

Thx for your help.

Have a nice day.
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Even stranger.... Something to do with Citroen Hungary not paying the licence fees to Apple and Android perhaps? I'd suggest installing the Citroen software update that we get in the U.K. but I'd be too worried it may stuff up your car computer.
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Have a look on other Citroen forums. See if it's an issue with other Citroen models in Hungary.
vsabolc

Post by vsabolc »

Hi Jay R and BachGy, I'm posting from Serbia, and I have the same situation on my side - having C3 Aircross Feel version (and lots of other extras), having the 7" touch screen CITROEN Connect Radio - not the NAVI...

The radio does not have the Android Auto (or Carplay) added/enabled.
Just checked with the Citroen service, but they did not give too much helpful info, just told me that based on my VIN, mirror link protocol is not supported.....

@JayR - can you post the link from which you have downloaded the update you got in UK?

I plan to bring it to the Citroen service and will check with them to install (so if something goes wrong, they can reinstall the current one...)

My system version is: 073A

What is your version - is it higher than this?

Thanks in advance!
vsabolc

Post by vsabolc »

Hi, an update:
- changed the MyCitroen app preferences - Country to UK and after 2 days, got an update show up in the app for me:
Now it allows me to download the app and the license file.... so strange behavior....

So the new update available for me is this version:
1_074_16.1B116 - 30/11/2017.

@Jay R can you check your version installed and let me know do you have the AndroidAuto/CarPlay visible in you car's Phone - Tel menu (so far for me only the Bluetooth appear, no other icons are visible.... and not installed the update yet...)

Thanks!
BachGy

Post by BachGy »

Hi vsabolc!

Have you tried to install the update?

Or do you have any new info about the mirror screen function?

Thx