C5A Additional Security ?

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

Hi All,
Never had a keyless entry vehicle before, have invested in a couple of RFID wallets for the fobs.
Have tested them and they appear to be 100% effective..
With a fob in the wallet, standing next to the car, it will not activate the car door locks at all.
As soon as fob is removed from the lining, the car locks activate, so top marks for those.

While on subject of security, I also looked at a visual deterrent in form of a steering lock .
I did get a Stoplock pro elite, what a waste of time that was.. The C5A steering wheel is too small for this.
It will only work in one position and getting it in position sets the horn off...
Totally unimpressed, as Stoplock issue a fitment guide and recommend this specific lock for the C5A.
I disagree and it's going back, so don't waste your money on this one, is my advice.

So I was wondering what other visual deterrents other Aircross owners use ?

Currently looking at Milenco, but reviews suggest its very heavy and marks / indents the soft steering wheel .
Another on the list is a T Bar type, that clamps around top of steering wheel and rests on the dash.

Has anyone any experience of these ?
I accept it will simply be a visual deterrent, but it does add another layer of security..
Or maybe I am just overly concerned with all the media stories about keyless cars being stolen !

Additional views and experiences, appreciated.
Cheers
Steve
NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi

the2ems

Post by the2ems »

Chap I used to work with, always kept his vicious Alsatian in his car overnight :lol: :lol: :lol:
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

:lol: Tried the dog deterrent, unfortunately, in the current mini heatwave, it melted into a puddle on the floor...
Have to look at other options..
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

BusybeasC5A wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:10 pm :lol: Tried the dog deterrent, unfortunately, in the current mini heatwave, it melted into a puddle on the floor...
Have to look at other options..
:o
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

No Animals were harmed in these security trials :lol:

Decided to get one of these: A T Bar steering wheel lock.

T bar.JPG

Just attaches and locks to upper part of steering wheel with an arm resting on the dash instrument binnacle.
For me, its an additional visible security measure in the form of a visible deterrent, nothing more, nothing less.

Had to insert some thin foam into the clamping parts to stop the grips marking the soft steering wheel leather.
But its fine and will do its job.

Photo is of the same thing fitted to another vehicle .
I shall take one of it in situ on the C5A too.