C5 Aircross PSA Wind Deflectors

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

Should any one have thoughts of fitting genuine PSA wind deflectors to their C5 Aircross , I have just fitted a pair to ours.
What a pain in the *** to do though !
The PSA instructions are very poor, not helped by the installation tool missing from the sealed package!
The anti pinch mechanism on the windows is a little challenging, but got there in the end.

Wasn't sure about buying the heko versions, even though they are around half the price and you get the back window deflectors too.
However they use retaining clips, which I feared would interfere even more with the very sensitive anti pinch mechanism on the C5 Aircross.

These ae genuine PSA /Citroen /Peugeot deflectors that slot into the window seals with no additional attachments.

Why bother you ask ?
Well, firstly I ain't a smoker, but it would have benefits to them.
No, its purely to allow the windows to be partly open, without rain coming in, while driving along .
Better still, when having a takeaway coffee in the car, there is ventilation, to stop the windows steaming up, and if its raining, no drips come into the car either.
Finally, the horrible splashes from the windscreen wash /wipe trail along the front windows less !

I think they look rather nice too, but its all down to personal preference.

Interestingly, I find the same part number fits not only the C5 Aircross, but the Peugeot 3008 and 5008, which have exactly the same window shape!
Prices vary wildly, but you can find them cheaper.

PSA part number : 1616443380

May not be everyone's cuppa tea , but I like them :D

Cheers
Steve

1616443380.JPG

Def1.JPG

Def2.JPG

Def3.JPG

NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi

Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

Rain deflectors, for that is what they are, should be a standard part of windscreen design to prevent water flowing down the side windows.
Just like seat belt buckle stops...
Lorrie72

Post by Lorrie72 »

Hi there,
How did you stop them from nicking the window seals.
I’ve just tried putting mine in, but it seems to sit and squish the seal and the window won’t close.
Any tips?
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

Hi
They will distort the rubber seals, particularly by the mirrors.. this is unavoidable and the way they are designed.

As regards closing the windows. if installed correctly, you need to ease the window up in stages (4- 5) slowly, which will over-ride the window anti pinch system.
If you try to close it in one go, then the window will stop and come back down..
It needs time to adjust the rubber seals.. once you have installed, eased the windows to closed, you must leave them closed for the day / overnight for the seals to settle.
Ours goes up and down no problem after this.

I shall take some pics and upload later of where they meet the rubber seals, there is a right way and a wrong way.. as you will have found out..
Lorrie72

Post by Lorrie72 »

Thank you,
Yea that’s where I was worried about, by the mirrors, but if others have the same problem as we did fitting them, it must just be a general problem/difficulty.

Much appreciated
:-)
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

Hi Lorrie

Pics herein..
Note : the lower part sits on top of the window seal...

Hope this helps.
Steve

IMG_20210819_091242.jpg

IMG_20210819_091006.jpg