Front tyres jumping/knocking

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Julieread2020

Post by Julieread2020 »

I've had an extensive assessment of my car from Citroen with technical support from Head Office. The car isn't supposed to do this and there has not been found to be a fault with the car per se.

I have had the wheels realigned, this didn't solve the problem, nor did changing the wheels.

What has solved the problem is the front tyres have been changed for exact same spec. It seems that there was a fault with the tyres, not visible. The car is like a breath of fresh air to drive again, I was on the verge of selling it. Maybe there's been a bad batch of tyres around and we're all unlucky enough to experience them.

If you have your warranty I'd suggest that don't just put up with it, it's not a great driving/consumer experience. And get it sorted.

Good luck.

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Julieread2020 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:55 pm I've had an extensive assessment of my car from Citroen with technical support from Head Office. The car isn't supposed to do this and there has not been found to be a fault with the car per se.

I have had the wheels realigned, this didn't solve the problem, nor did changing the wheels.

What has solved the problem is the front tyres have been changed for exact same spec. It seems that there was a fault with the tyres, not visible. The car is like a breath of fresh air to drive again, I was on the verge of selling it. Maybe there's been a bad batch of tyres around and we're all unlucky enough to experience them.

If you have your warranty I'd suggest that don't just put up with it, it's not a great driving/consumer experience. And get it sorted.

Good luck.
If this is so, it would be helpful if you could post the brand and size of the tyres.
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

My 20 plate c3 aircross has Bridgestone turanza T005 fitted.
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
JFS Dorset

Post by JFS Dorset »

My 19 plate C3 has Hankook VentusPrime3. No problems so far but just over the 16k mile area.
C3 Aircross 2019 with feel spec in silver and black. Previous car Citroen C5 Petrol VTR
JFS Dorset

Post by JFS Dorset »

Should have said 205/60R16
C3 Aircross 2019 with feel spec in silver and black. Previous car Citroen C5 Petrol VTR
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Are they all 16"? Are there other optional diameters?
Last edited by routemaster1 on Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

My C3 Aircross had 17 inch Bridgestone Turanza T005. Size 215/50R17. Made in Spain
Haven't encountered this malady.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Pid

Post by Pid »

My C3A also has Bridgestones215/50/17 and done under 30,000kms and has the same problem. I live in France so it seems to effect LHD models as well.
Julieread2020

Post by Julieread2020 »

routemaster1 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:04 pm
Julieread2020 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:55 pm I've had an extensive assessment of my car from Citroen with technical support from Head Office. The car isn't supposed to do this and there has not been found to be a fault with the car per se.

Good luck.
If this is so, it would be helpful if you could post the brand and size of the tyres.
I have 1.2 Puretech 110 Feel - the tyres that I think were taken off (that are the same as the back ones still on) were Bridgestone T001 Turanza 205/60 R16 92H

I now have Continental Premium Contact 205/60 R16 V LX

I hope this helps. If you're still in warranty then Citroen should rectify this without charge. Here's Customer Care's email: citroen_uk-en@my-customerportal.com
startv

Post by startv »

Good morning all,

Just wondering if anyone else has been able to successfully resolve this issue with Citroen under warranty and what experience they had with Citroen and/or Citroen Dealers?