My Android Auto experience

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

I wanted to play my own music in car since it didn't have a cd so I installed AA app on an old phone put some music on it but unfortunately it would not work so I did same with own phone but again I could not get it to work.
It would not connect no matter what lead or setting i changed on phone , I received a phone update to include AA but it still would not connect so I gave up. Roll on a few weeks later I tried again and it connected ? I hadn't done anything I was perplexed to say the least.
Of course given the circumstances I was not using car other than to occasionally pick up shopping so yesterday I tried again, it would not connect phone, it was still changing back to usb charging rather than transfer files etc then I noticed a white dot on right bottom of screen pressed and up came AA.
So was my not being able to obtain AA just me not pressing a button on screen ?.
I had earlier downloaded every music app that AA would allow (think I compared 8) so I then did a little exercise to see which was best to use and ended up with Omnia. I had made a number of folders on my pc of different artists, genres, podcasts etc transfered them to phone(remembering to change to file transfer from charging mode on phone) they all turned up in order on Omnia and was well pleased.
Hope it may be of use to those not so technical or a little slow like me.
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey

JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Thanks Airtool, mine usually works OK but can be a bit iffy occasionally, not sure why yours suddenly started working. I have Poweramp and Musicolet on my phone but neither are perfect so I'll have a look at Omnia.
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

I have also now installed the amazon music app which takes advantage of the wife's prime membership although it only gives access to 2 million of amazons 50 million music library.
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

I was quite proud of my 32gb of songs on my memory stick, now I feel inadequate...
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Hey, don't loose sleep Hiboost :lol:
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

All you have to remember is you can only listen to one dong at a time and compared to your favourites there a lot of rubbish out there.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

Beanee687 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:30 pm All you have to remember is you can only listen to one dong at a time and compared to your favourites there a lot of rubbish out there.
No church bells, mainly 60’s stuff.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Something rings true.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars