Real time traffic

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Yorkshire Pud

Post by Yorkshire Pud »

I have a 3 years free subscription to free time traffic, when I log to my Citroen account it states this is active. However when I try to activate this on the car touch screen by following the instructions given I keep getting a "subscription required" message, I have tried activation in several different locations in case the signal was weak at home. Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom please?

JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Hi, have you checked with the dealer? When I first got my C3 Aircross the traffic wasn't working, it turned out that the dealer had forgotten to activate it. After a quick 'phone call he was able to do this remotely.
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
Yorkshire Pud

Post by Yorkshire Pud »

JohnB wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:30 pm Hi, have you checked with the dealer? When I first got my C3 Aircross the traffic wasn't working, it turned out that the dealer had forgotten to activate it. After a quick 'phone call he was able to do this remotely.
Thanks John, I have contacted the dealer, they didn't seem to have much idea, but I am taking it in on Friday for a minor fix so hopefully they will sort it.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Hi Yorkshire Pud, you could also check this... from the nav screen press Menu > Settings > Map & make sure Authorise Sending Information is ticked. Also from the nav screen, if you press the symbol that looks like a couple of windows/documents (next to settings/clock at top right) & then Connection Services, it should say something like 'Status of connected services - activated' and 'Availability of connected services - available'. Good luck! ;)
Yorkshire Pud

Post by Yorkshire Pud »

I have tried that John, after I try to activate the availability of activated services it just reverts back to "No subscription" I actually sat with my laptop in the car and followed the documented instructions when that didn't work I tried the tutorial in case I had missed something obvious. When I go onto my online Citroen account it actually states "Vehicle has a live subscription for this service, service commenced on 24/08/2020".
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Ah OK, hopefully the dealer will fix it ;)
Yorkshire Pud

Post by Yorkshire Pud »

I took the car back to the dealer, we have fixed it, wait up to 4 hours for the system to initiate they said. Today I still have no connection. The saga continues.
Yorkshire Pud

Post by Yorkshire Pud »

Well after no help whatsoever from Citroen or the dealer I have sorted the issue. I logged my car off of the Citroen store site and logged back in, clutching at straws really. Same result. So I thought I would check the Vin no and lo and behold the dealer had put the wrong Vin number on my delivery paperwork, logged in with the correct Vin and 2 days later the system is up and running. I will deal with the dealer next week.
schmoo2k

Post by schmoo2k »

Does that imply if I input your VIN for my car, I would get extra features?
2020 C5 Aircross - 1.5 BLUEHDI 130 S&S EAT8
Yorkshire Pud

Post by Yorkshire Pud »

schmoo2k wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:10 am Does that imply if I input your VIN for my car, I would get extra features?
No because the extras are linked to the vin, however it does suggest that when I had the wrong vin initially I could have paid for extras that the person with that vin would have got. It also made me wonder whether I had the car originally designated to me. When I picked my car up there were more identical models so I may have been designated the car with the vin on my paperwork but got the wrong car?