Stop & Start

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

I know that my C5Air has stopped switching off. The icon flashes 3 times and then keeps running. I have had this before, in winter when doing local short trips. Since 18 Match I have traveled 360 miles and done 130 engine starts. I am not surprised that it is not working and I believe it will come back to normal once we start to come out of lockdown. We don't have any agents open yet except for essential workers so it is somewhat academic at present.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol EAT8, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Roof. Now traded for DS7 E Tense.

srperry

Post by srperry »

How many miles are you doing currently - I've only done out 100 miles per month when I normally do about 300 per week? My stop/start is still working, but if the electronics go into power-save mode when I'm parked listening to the stereo, then stop/start won't work for a few miles because the battery isn't charged up enough. Power save mode operates to ensure that the battery has the capacity to start the car and also keep the alarm, etc. operational when parked. I haven't used a battery charger yet, but may do so just to top it up.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Andante

Post by Andante »

C3 Aircross manual Flair. Does Anyone know how how to Permanently turn OFF the Stop-Start Eco mode.
It was OFF for the first 5 months from new .Now the stop -start has somehow activated . I turn it OFF in vehicle settings but the
next time I start the car the the Eco Stop -Start mode is ON again.
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

I don’t think you can, it reverts back to stop start once you restart the engine.
C3 Aircross Flair 130BHP manual - Breathing Blue
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

The stop/start system is fitted as a pollution reducing system . It is designed so that it can't be switched off. If you don't want it to stop, then either stop with your foot on the clutch, or, as toy slow to stop, slip the car into neutral without using the clutch. As far as I know, you can't do anything with an automatic.
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

ON an auto C5 Aircross, applying the handbrake keeps engine running, and footbrake can be released.
Pressing the 'P' button causes engine stop to function whilst gear is disengaged and brakes are released (and high level brakelight is off).
JohnM
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol EAT8, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Roof. Now traded for DS7 E Tense.
sandychc

Post by sandychc »

Is the battery covered by the 3 year warranty my car is 14 months old and the ss hasn't worked in the 2 weeks I've had it?
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

The stop start should be covered under the warranty, I would have thought this should include the battery. My Aircross is just over a year old and the stop start has only worked intermittently since new, it’s very dependent on how well charged the battery is and what else is using power. The Aircon temp setting seems to affect it disproportionately, have you tried putting the AC on auto and raising the temp a little to test it?
C3 Aircross Flair 130BHP manual - Breathing Blue
sandychc

Post by sandychc »

No I'll give that a try thanks
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Well that was an eye-opener. Yesterday after running my C3 Aircross over a few days some motorway running the stop start refused to work. I had been away for 7 days so she sat in my garage for that time.
I measured the battery terminal volts and it was 12.73V. I connected my charger and the charger output at the terminals was 13.4V and I left it in charge for 19 hours. When I removed the charger the battery terminal voltage was 13.2v. I started the car and drove 1/2mile to a junction where when I stopped to let traffic pass the stop start operated.
It continued to operate over the 7.7 mile's journey everytime I stopped. So it would appear the the trigger voltage is somewhere between 12.73v and 13.2. or a range of 0.5 v. I think that is quite small a range and am surprused that the alternator didn't recharge the battery by the difference over the run I did.
The car was bought brand new in Feb. It has only done 2230 miles, I will be going back to the dealers as I feel that either the trigger voltage is too high or the alternator is suspect or the battery has problems. Not much use having a anti pollution device that doesn't work.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars